Customer Joy Creator II
Phoenix Office /
Customer Service – Customer Service /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.5M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
About the Customer Service Representative Role
We’re looking for a Customer Support Representative to join our Customer Service team in Phoenix, Arizona.
It’s essential that you have strong verbal and written communication skills since you’ll be writing back and forth with customers all day. You’ll need strong problem-solving skills and personal initiative to track down complex problems.
On a Typical Day You Might:
- handle technical troubleshooting
- contribute to documentation and team resources
- address higher-level billing issues, possibly fraud billing
- clarify complex publishing advice
- QA test a new website functionality
- debug a customer’s problem
- 2+ years experience in a customer service or support role
- Prior experience working in an online or technical customer support role (chat, email, etc)
- Excellent written communication skills, including instructional and persuasive writing
- Strong reading comprehension and appreciation for detail
- Experience with advanced computer usage which includes experience with many modern web applications and a good knowledge of web practices
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Love for helping people and delivering great customer service
- Strong independent work ethic
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly shift focus and multitask
You’ll Make Us Even Happier With:
- Experience in a tech company
- Zendesk or Jira experience
- Experience with payment processors (ie Adyen, PayPal)
- Experience with Slack, G-suite, other office software
- Spanish Fluency (preferred but not required)
We do offer Remote for the following locations.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs which include learning & development opportunities, employee resource groups, and hiring best practices.
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.