Director of Marketing
Boulder, CO or Remote /
Our Mission at Scythe
Humanity has lost touch with nature - we’ve traded dirt and trees for asphalt, and we rely on loud, polluting, gas-powered machines to care for our limited natural spaces.
Scythe is forging a new future by building intelligent, all-electric machines that unlock a new superpower: the ability to care for the outdoors pollution-free at enormous scale. From today’s first steps in landscape maintenance to full-fledged re-terraforming in the future, Scythe is pioneering autonomous machinery that supports the ingenuity of humans, multiplying our power to nurture our planet.
At Scythe, you’ll work with a team of world-class experts in everything from computer vision to mechanical engineering, pushing the limits of possibility and growing by overcoming hurdles along the way.
The world needs what we’re building—come join us in making it a reality.
As the very first Director of Marketing at Scythe, you'll get to own and grow a robotics brand that stands for innovation, environmental stewardship, and aims to help humanity scale its care for Earth. We're looking for an experienced B2B marketer with a broad base of skills who can contribute, or manage outside resources, to build a presence in earned and owned media across social and traditional media channels, including our own Scythe properties, and drive landscaping industry customers to Scythe as the solution to their acute labor challenges.
You’ll work in concert with teammates from across the company to build a strong public presence for Scythe's products and company brand. We expect you to be broadly experienced and able to “see around corners”, to thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed environment, and to be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission.
What you'll do at Scythe
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy for Scythe's product ecosystem
- Develop and refine key messaging and talking points around the Scythe brand and solutions
- Manage, develop, and collaborate on content across Scythe's web presence: social media, blog, homepage, and more
- Develop Scythe coverage in media outlets across technology, landscaping, and those focusing on environmental impact
- Work closely with teammates focused on Engineering, Operations, and Sales to position Scythe's best-in-class products in the market and drive landscaper attention to them
- Bring back market insights to the team to drive product and operational decisions and bring our customers the best possible experience
- Eventually, grow a team of Marketing experts at Scythe
What you know well
- B2B marketing for a physical product
- Great writing and editing skills, putting Scythe in a strong leadership position in order to exude technical and industry competency
- A good eye for a strong brand to help Scythe's visual content stand out against a backdrop of low quality incumbent and industry media
- Identifying and managing outside agency marketing partners
- Managing marketing activities, events, and ad spend
- Owning and advocating for marketing budgets and objectives
What you’ve maybe done
- Publicity around trade show presentations and booths
- Digital marketing operations from top to bottom: you've led everything from social media campaigns and FB/Google advertising to owned content and word of mouth
- White paper writing for Thought Leadership and Case Studies
- Product photography, videography, or drone skills to showcase our machines in their best light
- Video production for creating sizzle content to let the product do the talking
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Join us to have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 50% funded dependent coverage.
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL.
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want.
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued.
- An opportunity to catalyze humanity's shift to being a positive impact on our planet.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.