Boulder, CO /
Our Mission at Scythe
Humanity has lost touch with nature - we’ve traded dirt and trees for asphalt, and we rely on loud, polluting, gas-powered machines to care for our limited natural spaces.
Scythe is forging a new future by building intelligent, all-electric machines that unlock a new superpower: the ability to care for the outdoors pollution-free at enormous scale. From today’s first steps in landscape maintenance to full-fledged re-terraforming in the future, Scythe is pioneering autonomous machinery that supports the ingenuity of humans, multiplying our power to nurture our planet.
At Scythe, you’ll work with a team of world-class experts in everything from computer vision to mechanical engineering, pushing the limits of possibility and growing by overcoming hurdles along the way.
The world needs what we’re building—come join us in making it a reality.
Mobile at Scythe
Scythe is adding a Mobile Engineer to build the mobile applications that will help our customers communicate with and control our state of the art autonomous machinery. As a Mobile Engineer at Scythe, you'll be responsible for everything from designing beautiful and useful UX to writing cross platform mobile apps to working with the team to plan deployments. We're looking for an experienced engineer who has worked in production environments to build and scale mobile apps that power Scythe's business.
You'll work in concert with teammates from across the company to build out our mobile offerings. We expect you to be broadly experienced, to be able to "see around corners", to thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed environment, and to be a collaborative teammate who enjoys helping Scythe realize its big mission.
What you'll do at Scythe
- Spearhead development of Scythe's next generation mobile app framework to command and control our growing fleet of robots
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies and frameworks in the mobile space to architect mobile solutions
- Team up with web, cloud, and robot engineers to architect full stack solutions to mobile problems
- Leverage web data synchronization, push notifications, geolocation, interactive mapping, and more
- Own and manage all phases of designing, developing, and deploying mobile applications
- Communicate with teammates, learn new things, teach what you know
What you've done before
- Explored trade offs between hybrid frameworks such as Flutter and targeted mobile frameworks such as Kotlin, Swift and others in an increasingly crowded and complex mobile landscape to develop mobile strategies and action plans
- Worked with hybrid mobile applications frameworks such as React Native, Ionic, Flutter, Native Script, etc and mobile application frameworks such as Java, Kotlin, Swift, Obj-C, etc; applied that knowledge to choose best-fit technology and to plan product roll outs across platforms
- Supported a mobile application through full delivery life cycle including design, implementation, user acceptance, and post release
- Designed UX / UI for customer facing applications ( bonus points if these applications were for robots of some kind )
- Worked on projects that have given you a strong understanding of interactive touch/gesture interfaces, application development paradigms, memory management, concurrency and multi-threading
- Worked with teams to develop APIs that will work for all consumers be they other machines, front ends, or mobile apps
- Scythe is an early-stage, well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 50% funded dependent coverage.
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL.
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want.
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued.
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world - build machines that make a difference.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.