Supply Chain Manager
Boulder, CO /
Our Mission at Scythe
Humanity has lost touch with nature - we’ve traded dirt and trees for asphalt, and we rely on loud, polluting, gas-powered machines to care for our limited natural spaces.
Scythe is forging a new future by building intelligent, all-electric machines that unlock a new superpower: the ability to care for the outdoors pollution-free at enormous scale. From today’s first steps in landscape maintenance to full-fledged re-terraforming in the future, Scythe is pioneering autonomous machinery that supports the ingenuity of humans, multiplying our power to nurture our planet.
At Scythe, you’ll work with a team of world-class experts in everything from computer vision to mechanical engineering, pushing the limits of possibility and growing by overcoming hurdles along the way.
The world needs what we’re building—come join us in making it a reality.
Managing Scythe's Robot Supply Chain
Scythe is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to lead our efforts on component acquisition, external vendor negotiations and management, inventory management, supply forecasting and quality efforts.
You’ll design systems and processes to enable Scythe to grow unit production from single-digits to tens of thousands, while working closely with vendors to ensure that we achieve optimal pricing, quality and delivery timelines from ramp to mass production. Your expertise in sourcing and experience scaling production processes and logistics will be core to the next chapter in Scythe’s journey.
What you'll do at Scythe
- Evaluate and qualify vendors and suppliers for Scythe’s systems, including semiconductors, PCBAs, sheet metal, plastics, assembly and beyond
- Develop vendor relationships, purchasing agreements and lead pricing negotiations to minimize costs and complexity
- Create and sustain systems and processes for inventory management and supply forecasting
- Work with engineering to align BOMs with preferred suppliers and availability
- Monitor broad market and vendor conditions to predict supply risks in advance
- Develop a purchasing process to minimize operational overhead
- Engage in all parts of the NPI process alongside the engineering, production and sales teams
What you've done before
- You’ve taken a product from infancy to mass production - it’s not your first rodeo.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics or operations management
- Exposure to multiple supply chain, inventory management, PLM and ERP tools, such as Katana, Odoo, Netsuite, Arena, etc.
- Experience working with suppliers both onshore and offshore, from local shops to multinational corporations.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced environment with few guard rails. You’ll be expected to know what needs to be built and get it done with the support of our engineering and operations teams.
- Some software experience is strongly preferred
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 50% funded dependent coverage.
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL.
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want.
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued.
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world - build machines that make a difference.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.