Digital Marketing Manager
Boulder, CO /
Our Mission at Scythe
Humanity has lost touch with nature - we’ve traded dirt and trees for asphalt, and we rely on loud, polluting, gas-powered machines to care for our limited natural spaces.
Scythe is forging a new future by building intelligent, all-electric machines that unlock a new superpower: the ability to care for the outdoors pollution-free at enormous scale. From today’s first steps in landscape maintenance to full-fledged re-terraforming in the future, Scythe is pioneering autonomous machinery that supports the ingenuity of humans, multiplying our power to nurture our planet.
At Scythe, you’ll work with a team of world-class experts in everything from computer vision to mechanical engineering, pushing the limits of possibility and growing by overcoming hurdles along the way.
The world needs what we’re building—come join us in making it a reality.
Digital Marketing at Scythe
Scythe is looking for an experienced and result-driven Digital Marketing Manager to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for setting up, implementing and managing the company's overall digital marketing strategy and promoting Scythe's brand online. In this role you will focus on the development of marketing campaigns on digital media outlets and brainstorm ways for the digital campaigns to reach wider audiences online.
You’ll work in concert with teammates from across the company to tell the story of Scythe and our products through our digital channels. We expect you to be broadly experienced to be able to “see around corners”, to thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed engineering environment, and to be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission. Our digital marketing strategy is extremely important to our company's success, so your role will play a crucial role in achieving our business goals and objectives.
What You'll Do at Scythe
- Brainstorm, develop, and execute campaigns and content for prioritized owned digital footprint (blog / social / email)
- Write and promote blog posts, case studies, and white papers from concept to research to publication
- Collaborate on building Scythe’s social media strategy to further establish the brand’s digital presence and grow our audiences
- Set campaign and channel objectives
- Develop content for prioritized social channels, including copywriting, field photography and film
- Manage social media audience engagement and maintain consistent brand messaging throughout all platforms
- Develop and publish newsletters for committed customers and brand followers
- Identify new opportunities to reach key audiences through digital channels
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with designers, marketers, sales, internal teams and external influencers to produce relevant content and landing pages that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Improve the design, UX, traffic, and content of the website and social media platforms, while optimizing user experience
- Support additional marketing initiatives as needed, including and beyond digital content
What You Know Well
- The latest marketing strategies and digital tools to be able to effectively lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- How to identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Social media content development, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- A two-fold approach - Highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven and rely on data to make decisions
- Brand strategy basics–positioning, brand identity and personality, competitive differentiation, user empathy, and more
- Configuring and using digital marketing performance reporting tools such as Google Analytics, Tableau, etc, as well as tool specific reports (Twitter, Instagram, etc) Preferably 2+ years
What Maybe You've Done
- Marketing or content development for robotics, automation, landscaping or other outdoor work companies
- Stand up and/or optimize CRM or CMS platforms, like HubSpot
- Photography and video editing/capturing
- Worked with graphic design programs like Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Digital Marketing Manager has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $115,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.