Boulder, CO /
Our Mission at Scythe
Humanity has lost touch with nature - we’ve traded dirt and trees for asphalt, and we rely on loud, polluting, gas-powered machines to care for our limited natural spaces.
Scythe is forging a new future by building intelligent, all-electric machines that unlock a new superpower: the ability to care for the outdoors pollution-free at enormous scale. From today’s first steps in landscape maintenance to full-fledged re-terraforming in the future, Scythe is pioneering autonomous machinery that supports the ingenuity of humans, multiplying our power to nurture our planet.
At Scythe, you’ll work with a team of world-class experts in everything from computer vision to mechanical engineering, pushing the limits of possibility and growing by overcoming hurdles along the way.
The world needs what we’re building—come join us in making it a reality.
Business Operations at Scythe
We’ve grown to have 3 offices spread across Colorado, Florida, and Texas, and we’re looking to add a well rounded self-motivated Office Manager to help keep all our locations running smoothly.
As Scythe’s Office Manager, you’d be based in our Longmont, Colorado HQ where you’d help manage in-person operations. As our team continues to grow, we want to ensure everyone has the support to excel, both as individuals and team members. We’re looking for an office manager who can be an integral part of this scaling process. You’ll need to wear many hats and collaborate with everyone on the team to develop and support programs that make Scythe a fun, safe, and supportive place to work or visit. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed engineering environment, and to be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission.
On any given day you’ll be interacting with facilities vendors, assisting with shipping and receiving, some physical inventory management of our manufacturing, processing accounts payable, or placing supply orders . We’re a small team and you’d play a large role in helping keep engineering and operations focused on their tasks at hand and giving them an awesome environment to do great work in.
This is a great role for a generalist to work with a great team and get stuff done.
What you’ll do
- Facilities Management: Dealing with maintenance, contractors, landlords, and cleaning crews. Improving our building security processes.
- Correspondence and parcel management: We receive important mail and parts and materials for manufacturing. It all needs to be sorted and processed and made sure nothing gets overlooked.
- People operations support: Creating great first day experiences for new hires. Creating great everyday experiences for existing team members.
- Accounts payable and purchasing support.
- Creating self-service workflows for the team in your domain area. Inventory management of multiple varieties: Swag, snacks, etc.
- Solving the little things before they become big things.
- Due to the nature of the role, you’ll spend at least 40% of your time at the office most weeks. We have a large, well-spaced-out office and take all necessary Covid-19 precautions with a small portion of the team in the office each day.
Traits we’re looking for
- An orientation to rolling up your sleeves and getting things done.
- A willingness to be self-directed, with a knack for solving problems and solving inefficiencies.
- Highly organized with analytical skills, and anticipatory thinking.
- Excellent communication skills - this role has many internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to clearly communicate with all of them is crucial.
Skills and tool knowledge that would serve you well
- Digital communication tools like: Gmail, Slack. Bonus points if you’ve ever been a tool administrator.
- Project management tools like Trello, Airtable, Asana.
- Basic bookkeeping skills: QBO, Xero, etc.
- Digital file management: We abhor paper.
- Logistics: FedEx / UPS administration
What you might have done in another life
- Event planning
- Accounting or banking services
- Customer service in a digital based environment using tools like Zendesk / Help Scout / Freshdesk
- Hotel or Hospitality management
- Property management
- Competitive salary and equity compensation.
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 50% funded dependent coverage.
- Flexible paid time-off and a remote friendly environment.
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Room to grow as we grow. We will be scaling and want you to grow with us.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.