Secfi is the pre-wealth advisor for startup employees. Figuring out what to do with your equity-based compensation is complicated and expensive and is therefore ignored and neglected. Secfi makes handling startup equity compensation simple and affordable. We build technology that helps employees make the right decisions for their equity compensation. By addressing their biggest concerns they can spend time on things they love doing most.
Our team of Equity Advisors serve as Secfi’s primary client facing team. While Secfi Equity Advisors are the primary drivers of revenue for the company, we are brand ambassadors who focus on solving complicated and stressful problems for our clients.
As a trusted advisor to our clients, you will guide our clients through all aspects of equity compensation including financial and tax consequences while utilizing strategies for helping our clients maximize their equity. Although you do not need to be a current expert -- you must have a financial background and possess an ability to grasp esoteric financial concepts.
As an Equity Advisor, you are a key component of a small and nimble sales team. You will work with your team to advise our clients on complex financial situations and offer Secfi products as solutions. You will support your team by preparing and giving presentations, modeling out client situations, and holding calls with clients. You are someone who is not afraid to get your hands dirty and do what it takes to help achieve your team’s goals. You are excited about explaining to our clients how to make the most of their startup equity, and know how to make sure Secfi provides our clients with the best solutions possible.
You are required to hold a Series 7 and Series 63 license for this role. If you do not hold these licenses, you must be willing to study for the test in the first months of employment. Secfi will provide time and support for your studies.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in a client facing role in consulting, investment banking, Big 4 accounting or tax, or another fintech startup
- Background in financial topics including taxation, financial planning and venture capital
- Willingness to learn and become an expert in a complex industry
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPointExcellent
- Verbal and written communicator who is skilled at articulating complicated topics in a simplified manner
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 7 and Series 63CPA, CFA, or other financial certifications
- Master in Tax or equivalent degree
- Strong knowledge of the Bay Area/US start-up ecosystem
- Familiarity with stock options and equity compensation
- Experience working in high growth start-up companies or fintech
- Competitive salary
- Retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Customized workstation
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growthAnd last but not least, a great and fun experience
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers