San Francisco /
Business Development /
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
Our team of Equity Advisors serves as Secfi’s primary client facing team. While Secfi Equity Advisors are the primary drivers of revenue for the company, we are brand ambassadors who focus on solving complicated and stressful problems for our clients.
As a trusted advisor to our clients, you will guide our clients through all aspects of equity compensation including financial and tax consequences while utilizing strategies for helping our clients maximize their equity. Although you do not need to be a current expert -- you must have a financial background and possess an ability to grasp esoteric financial concepts.
As an Equity Advisor, you are a key component of a small and nimble sales team. You will work with your team to advise our clients on complex financial situations and offer Secfi products as solutions. You will prepare and give presentations, model out client situations, and hold calls with clients. You are someone who is not afraid to get your hands dirty and do what it takes to help achieve your team’s goals. You are excited about explaining to our clients how to make the most of their startup equity, and know how to make sure Secfi provides our clients with the best solutions possible.
You are required to hold a Series 7 and Series 63 license for this role. If you do not hold these licenses, you must be willing to study for the test in the first months of employment. Secfi will provide time and support for your studies.
What we are looking for
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in a client facing role in consulting, investment banking, Big 4 accounting or tax, or fintech startup
- Background in financial topics including taxation, financial planning, and venture capital
- Willingness to learn and become an expert in a complex industry
- Strong level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Verbal and written communicator who is skilled at articulating complicated topics in a simplified manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- Series 7 and Series 63, CPA, CFA, or other financial certifications
- Master in Tax or equivalent degree
- Strong knowledge of the Bay Area/US start-up ecosystem
- Familiarity with stock options and equity compensation
- Experience working in high growth start-up companies or fintech
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks, and team events
- Customized workstation
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.