Senior Software Engineer
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
The engineering team owns all of technology within Secfi. We work together in multi-disciplinary and empowered teams, each with a unique focus on one of the product areas. Cross cutting concerns are addressed in our dedicated “Communities of Practice”: self managed groups of engineers with strong interests in the corresponding field. We are proactive problems solvers who love cooperation and open feedback and who actively seek out help when needed.
About the Role
For our Engineering team in Amsterdam we are looking for a very experienced and talented Senior Software Backend Engineer (Python) who can help us improve the general quality of the codebase, implement best practices, and mentor more junior engineers. You’ll be responsible for building core services and essential business systems, Reusable libraries for future use, and optimized infrastructure to scale our services.
- Perform hands-on development
- Suggest and drive code quality improvements/initiatives
- Suggest and drive architectural improvements/initiatives
- Mentor/guide less experienced developers
- Suggest development standards and principles
What we’re looking for
- 3 to 7 years of relevant work experience in Python and/or Node.js
- Experience with Python build processes and running Python applications in production environments
- Experience with cloud computing
- Pre: experience with Docker and Kubernetes, AWS services
- Pre: experience as a tech lead or a leadership role in general
- Demonstrated passion for building comprehensive, intelligent and elegant solutions
- Strong communication & team collaboration skills and willingness to learn
- Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
- Fun person to work with
- Fluent in English
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.