Secfi is the pre-wealth advisor for startup employees. Figuring out what to do with your equity-based compensation is complicated and expensive and is therefore ignored and neglected. Secfi makes handling startup equity compensation simple and affordable. We build technology that helps employees make the right decisions for their equity compensation. By addressing their biggest concerns they can spend time on things they love doing most.
We are looking for an Amsterdam based Finance Associate to join us in this exciting phase of fast growth and building for scale. You will play a key role in developing scalable financial processes from scratch. You’ll be involved in building and performing all finance aspects of a fast growing startup, including financial and fiscal reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, treasury & cash management and setting up the control framework. In this role, you will directly report to the VP Finance.
- (Co)develop and maintain the Financial Accounting and Reporting infrastructure, compliant with NL & USGAAP and the local, state, & federal government reporting requirements
- Support daily operations across all (international) Secfi business entities, including automating and maintaining Accounts Payable, Payroll and Tax filings
- Develop and implement business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Design, implement and prepare periodical reporting, Budget and Forecast up to Board Level
- Forecast cash flow positions, manage the related funds and advise on hedging of foreign Exchange and Interest exposures
- Involve in general finance projects
- BS/MS degree in Finance, preferably with advanced degree in Accounting or Tax (Big Four experience is a plus)
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferably in a (fintech) start up working environment
- Knowledge of (fiscal) accounting principles and procedures (US jurisdiction is a plus) and ability & willingness to learn more
- Experience with creating financial statements and month-end/year-end close processes
- Tech savvy with a relentless drive to simplify and automate
- Experience in implementing and operating of Accounting software like Quickbooks, Netsuite or similar is a plus
- Passion for technology, intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Fluent in English
- Competitive salary and retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience in a fast growth environment
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.