Frontend Engineer (React/TypeScript)
Secfi is trusted by thousands of startup employees for equity planning and financing. We’re the first to provide a proprietary suite of equity planning tools, 1:1 guidance with licensed equity strategists and a set of financing products that enable employees to own a stake in the company they helped build. We also provide company-wide education for startups at all stages to help their team make the best decision for their own situation. Currently, we have worked with employees from more than 80% of all U.S. unicorns.
Working for a startup is like building a plane already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Our core values — customer focus, perseverance, action, ownership, diversity and team — are embedded in everything we do.
The engineering team owns all of technology within Secfi. Our engineers organize in chapters for each discipline, in which all members help each other with personal and professional growth. Each chapter has a lead who supports the engineers and is responsible for one on ones, career path planning, hiring and the chapter's culture. Secfi's product owners pitch projects that are then tackled by squads formed from the chapters.
Cross-cutting concerns are addressed in our dedicated “Communities of Practice”: Self-managed groups of engineers with a strong interest in a particular field. We are proactive problems solvers who love cooperation and open feedback and who actively seek out help when needed.
For our Engineering team in Amsterdam we are looking for an experienced and talented Frontend Engineer, who feels right at home in a fast-paced scale-up environment. As a member of one of our product teams, you work on implementing new features in a specific product domain. Your team is multidisciplinary and responsible for the full-stack delivery of each feature. You thrive on working closely together with designers, backend- and frontend-engineers and product specialists. You are opinionated on best practices and own decisions made by the team as if they are your own. Proactively looking for things to improve and then driving this change feels natural to you. Ideally, you have broad interests in cross cutting concerns - be it security, devops or architecture, for example - and want to be part of shaping the company’s future in these areas of expertise.
In this role you will:
- Work in a small agile team, collaborate with your colleagues and mentor, educate and support those around you.
- Actively work with Product Design and implement features based on mockups and prototypes.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers in architecting and consuming APIs.
- Use experiments, data and user feedback to improve our web-application to be fast, easy to use and functional.
- Demonstrated passion for building comprehensive, intelligent and elegant solutions
- 3 to 8 years of relevant work experience in TypeScript (or ES6), React (or similar), MobX and CSS.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar
- Strong communication & team collaboration skills and willingness to learn.
- Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
- Strong business sense
- Fun person to work with
- Fluent in English
Your benefits include:
- Competitive salary, retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Work environment designed to help your professional growth
- High-end gear
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.