VP Executive Services
San Francisco /
Business Development /
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
As the VP of Executive Services, you will be accountable for identifying high-net worth individuals who can benefit from Secfi's suite of equity offerings and building relationships with those individuals to consistently deliver on associated revenue targets.
You are a seasoned business development leader with a strong network of executives and influential stakeholders within the U.S. start-up ecosystem. You must be entrenched in the VC-backed startup world.
Your day-to-day will consist of developing long-term relationships with executives and founders. You should know how to customize client interaction strategies based on their profile and needs. This is a high-energy position, requiring high flexibility, and proactive and persistent interactions with clients. You know how to get things done and love working autonomously to build a strong outreach.
You are someone who is not afraid to get your hands dirty and do what it takes to get a connection or win a deal. You are excited about explaining to our executive clients how to make the most of their startup equity, and know how to make sure Secfi provides our clients with the best solutions possible.
You think creatively and work together with others to give the client the best experience. You liaise with our capital and operations team and partners to get transactions done timely and effectively. You work with our Partnerships team when individual cases prove to be great entry points into company education partnerships. You also know how to communicate with financial advisors, lawyers and others to help your client assess the attractiveness of the deal. You can stand your ground when questions arise.
You are required to hold a Series 7 and Series 63 license for this role. If you do not hold these licenses, you must be willing to study for the test in the first months of employment. Secfi will provide time and support for your studies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with executives and HNW individuals with equity compensation in the U.S. late-stage startup ecosystem
- Prepare and give presentations, model out client situations and hold calls with clients
- Customize client interaction strategies, based on a clients profile and will schedule (video) calls, texts, emails or face-to-face visits depending on the client’s preferred way of communicating
- Advise our clients on complex financial situations and offer Secfi products as solutions
- Work with the Partnerships, Investments and Equity Strategy team to get sales of Secfi products to a close
- Simultaneously expand the team and set out strategy for growth of the Executive Services team
What we are looking for
- University degree
- 9+ years of work experience in a client facing role in sales, consulting, investment banking, or another fintech startup
- Experience in building relationships with HNW individuals
- Background in financial topics including taxation, financial planning, and venture capital
- Willingness to learn and become an expert in a complex industry
- Strong level of empathy and interpersonal skills
- Existing strong network of executives and influential stakeholders within the U.S. start-up ecosystem
- Proven to work independently and build up team(s)
- Verbal and written communicator who is skilled at articulating complicated topics in a simplified manner
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Series 7 and Series 63, CPA, CFA, or other financial certifications
- Familiarity with stock options and equity compensation
- Experience working in high growth start-up companies or fintech
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks, and team events
- Customized workstation
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.