Investment & Strategic Projects /
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and insights to guide employees. Ultimately we also provide financing solutions to help shareholders to exercise and gain liquidity without selling their holdings. Secfi is here to help startup employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
About the Team
Our Capital Markets and Investment team receives requests from over 1,000 startup companies globally, and throughout their diligence process they determine what kind of financing, and at what rates we can offer solutions to startup employees. Our Capital Markets team is also in charge of expanding our capital base and managing a network of investors to grant them access to the world’s most successful private companies. The team also works on designing new suitable financial products to help employees, and at the same time pair these with new capital.
About this role
The role we are hiring sits in the Strategy Team, who has the mission to maximize Secfi’s growth of existing and new business, with a focus on Capital Markets. The mission of the Capital Markets team is to constantly look for opportunities to build relationships with new investors, defining Secfi’s capital strategy as well as designing new financial products to cater our clients’ needs. Your colleagues are goal oriented, creative problem solvers with a good sense of humor, can-do attitude, and low-ego.
We’re looking for an Investment Analyst to join our Strategy team in Amsterdam - the role will be focused on Capital Markets and Investments. Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for technology and investing. You are able to closely monitor financial news and keep up a track of market trends, opportunities, risks, and new investment opportunities, as well as able to liaise with fund managers and other industry professionals to establish new business opportunities. You will also have exposure to the Investments team where you will need to quickly form a strong, informed opinion on industries, technologies or business models and effectively present their analysis. You must feel comfortable working in a fast paced, ad-hoc environment and dealing with different stakeholders.
- Working to build and execute the Capital Markets strategy, covering topics such as Investor Relations, Fundraising and New Initiatives
- Help with financial modelling and research model creation to execute new partnerships with capital providers
- Engage with investors from the get-go and become responsible for managing our investor database, being able to prepare investor presentations to showcase new opportunities when they arise
- Help define new metrics for portfolio management, including dashboards showing fund performance, allocations and concentration limits, portfolio reporting, NAV calculations, etc.
- Building and maintaining an effective database to track important data points, valuations, company performance as well as other financial metrics and benchmarks to help with portfolio management
- Interact with the investments and equity research team and help compile and analyze data to write investment memos
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams on ad-hoc projects and programs
- 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in investing (VC/PE), investment banking, fund management, strategy consulting, strategic finance, research or corporate development
- Strong financial analysis and critical thinking skills - demonstrated passion for investing and technology, intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of portfolio theory and derivatives with hands-on investment management experience
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships with investors
- Humble and self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
- Superb Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Fluent in English (native preferred)
- Strong knowledge of the Bay Area/US start-up ecosystem
- Experience working in high growth start-up companies
Your benefits include
- Competitive salary, retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers