People Operations Specialist
San Francisco /
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
About the role
To support the growth of the San Francisco office and the increasing need for efficient and scalable People processes and services, we are looking for a People Operations Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for all HR processes and designing, testing, and implementing new People Operations processes and systems. This role directly reports to the Director People.
What does a typical day look like?
Your first meeting today is a catch-up with your manager to discuss priorities and to initiate the design of a new PTO policy for the SF office. After a casual coffee chat with one of the Engineers in the Amsterdam office, you’ll dive into a ‘returning to the office’ strategy to safely reopen the office. After a nice lunch you have a kick off meeting with a few important stakeholders to decide on a new healthcare provider for next year. At the end of the day you analyze the employee engagement survey data from Q3 for your presentation to the leadership team the next day.
- Support the full employment lifecycle of our employees from on-boarding through to off-boarding
- Manage all HR admin for our SF office, in collaboration with the Finance team
- Review, design, and implement US employee benefits programs in collaboration with People team and important stakeholders
- Act as the initial point of contact for employees on questions related to (but not limited to!) benefits, leave of absences, accommodation requests, performance management etc.
- Be an ambassador for SF office culture, initiate and manage projects that increase engagement, motivation, development, and retention
- Optional: Support in recruitment by screening applicants and running conducting interviews
- 4+ years demonstrable experience within HR, Talent Management, or People Operations for a (Fin)Tech Startup or equivalent experience in industry
- University Degree in Psychology, HRM, Marketing or Business Management
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time
- An accurate way of working and a sense of discreteness is needed
- Passion for technology, intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Strong relationship building skills, high in empathy
- Be driven by values and integrity, a straight talker that builds confidence and leads by example
What we offer
- Competitive salary, Retirement benefits (401k), Healthcare coverage
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience