Director of Content
San Francisco /
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
Secfi is looking for a Director of Content to define and lead the content strategy for the company. You will drive the editorial strategy and direction to help Secfi build awareness and credibility with the startup community and influential leaders across the industry. As this is a new role, you will be instrumental in establishing Secfi’s unique perspective and voice across many mediums (media outlets, web site, blog, our tools, video, email, social media, education platforms). You will directly report to the VP Marketing.
You are a seasoned writer, storyteller, educator and news junkie with a proven track record of using content to build relationships with potential customers at every stage of the buyer journey. You are especially energized by complicated subject matter that you can dive into, understand and make relevant for our readers. And you can speak to the impact of your content distribution plans.
- Build, lead and inspire a team of writers and content experts
- Set the thought leadership agenda and develop the content roadmap in support of it
- Build a holistic education strategy and distribution plan across all customer segments at every stage of the sales funnel
- Author compelling content across different channels to drive awareness and lead generation (including blog, proprietary research, videos, social, email, etc.)
- Drive the content distribution strategy including new syndication partners and or external contributors
- Partner with Product to ensure a smooth user experience across Secfi.com
- Establish OKRs and regularly report on results
What you have
- 7+ years of experience with content marketing and 4+ years in a management role for a B2C company (fintech experience strongly preferred)
- Proven track record with developing thought leadership content for key executives
- Can clearly articulate impact of content on awareness and lead generation goals
- Skilled at identifying compelling story angles and bringing them to life in clear, innovative and effective ways
- Well-read and passionate about startup equity with a high degree of intellectual horsepower
- Goal-oriented, creative and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment where context-switching and test/learn approaches are the norm
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, energetic and excellent at collaborating with others
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks, and team events
- Customized workstation
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience