Customer Success Intern
San Francisco /
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
About the role
More and more people are discovering our equity education platform, leading to an increasing number of users who reach out with questions or a need to be pointed in the right direction. In certain cases, users have a very specific ask which requires a smart brain to dive into the details of their equity situation. Today we handle most of the questions on an ad-hoc basis, which will not scale with us as our user base continues to grow.To change this, we are looking for a Customer Success Intern who is excited about the prospect of laying the groundwork for our Customer Success Strategy. You’ll operate mostly independently, learning the needs of our users, creating a plan to address these needs, and ultimately execute upon this plan.
- Formulate a strategy for our approach to customer success
- Researching the customer success needs of our users, identifying the highest impact initiatives to work on
- Learn how startup equity compensation works, and how to capture clients’ equity details in our platform
- Leverage best-in-class customer success tools to deliver the best experience to our users
- Create the supporting materials our users need to solve their problems
Our ideal candidate has the following characteristics
- Self starter
- A competent writer, with a customer mindset
- Enjoys knowing how every facet of an application works, and teaching others about it
- Financially literate, understands how stock option compensation works
- Strong record of academic achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude Fun person to work with
- Monthly stipend
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Opportunity to work in a fast growing FinTech start-up
- A great and fun experience