San Francisco /
Secfi’s mission is to help startup employees & shareholders understand, maximize and unlock the value of their equity. We provide education, tax planning tools and financing to guide employees on their journey from startup to exit.
Our set of online forecasting tools enable individuals to assess the value of their stock options and calculate the cost to exercise. Financing is available to help employees exercise options or unlock liquidity for important financial goals. And our team of Equity Advisors is available to assist every step of the way. We bring clarity, peace of mind and thoughtful planning to thousands of startup employees.
Working for a scale-up feels like building a plane while already flying in the air. It’s messy, it’s exciting, and you are constantly learning. Customer Focus, Perseverance, Action, Ownership, Diversity, and Team are embedded in everything we do.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated and talented Operations Associate to join our team in San Francisco. In this role you will be amongst the first teammates of the Operations business unit.
If you’re someone that highly values customer satisfaction, has a process-oriented mindset, plays by the (compliance) rules, is not afraid of legal paperwork, loves finance and tech and has an overall positive attitude - we’d love to meet you.
- Working with our clients to ensure a smooth client experience - from client onboarding to client settlements. For this you will work cross functionally across teams and countries.\
- Coordinating, refining, and owning the deal operations process by working closely with Sales, Finance and Product to get deals across the finish line as smoothly as possible.
- When it comes to deal docs, you will make sure that all t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted, all while providing the best customer experience possible.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining key partnerships with hedge funds, law firms, and corporate clients, that will make our processes more efficient.
- As we continue to scale and get into different lines of business you’ll have the opportunity to specialize and own a specific business operations process.
- Bachelor degree
- 2-6 years relevant work experience in operations and client service
- Knowledge of KYC requirements for Individuals, LLCs, Trusts, & LPs
- Strong presentation skills and experience providing clients with high level overviews of contracts and complex legal terms
- Excellent time and process management skills, as well as utmost attention to detail
- Humble self-starter who is not afraid of getting in the weeds and getting things done under high pressure deadlines
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Product-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated passion for technology, intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Strong record of professional achievement, work ethic, and positive attitude
- Fluent in English
- Experience working at a high-growth fintech start-up
- Experience in legal matters and managing legal workflow
- Series 7 and 63
- Competitive salary, retirement benefits
- Employee-friendly equity plan
- Attractive and flexible vacation & parental leave policy
- Company sponsored lunches, snacks, drinks and team events
- Great work environment designed to help your professional growth
- And last but not least, a great and fun experience
Principals only. Please do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.