Los Angeles, CA
Second Spectrum is seeking a support engineer to provide front-line technical support and troubleshooting for our tracking products. This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday work hours. Responsibilities include metrics monitoring, systems evaluation, failure diagnosis, disaster recovery, coordination and follow-up with software engineering, and post-mortem documentation.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Operational experience with real-time systems under Service Level Agreement
- Critical thinking in software systems diagnosis under time pressure
- Experience with command line tools in Linux or Unix
- An appetite to learn and grow from every incident
- Process-oriented, creative problem solving
- Written communication focused on concision, clarity, and clear next steps
- Good documentation habits
- Must be able to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Logfile analysis tools (grep, elasticsearch, logstash, kibana, datadog)
- SQL queries
- Amazon Web Services (or cloud computing in general)
- Vendor and customer management over CRM interfaces (like Zendesk) and in person