Machine Learning Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win, making data and video easily accessible and actionable. For media companies, we create automatically augmented video and interactive, personalized, OTT experiences. We are at the forefront of computer vision, machine learning, big data, augmented reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the NBA. In addition, we are working with several football (soccer) clubs and leagues in Europe and in the US, and provide software for coaches and players to help improve their game.
Second Spectrum is headquartered in Los Angeles (USA) with one R&D office in Lausanne (Switzerland) and another one in Shanghai (China). Its computer vision team has engineers in Los Angeles and in Lausanne. The purpose of the R&D team is to provide cutting-edge technologies to ensure our market leading position. They are in charge of all aspects of the computer vision and deep learning technologies for player tracking and broadcast solutions. To grow our team and join our Los Angeles office, we are looking for Machine Learning Engineer.
Second Spectrum is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer to join our AI team. At Second Spectrum, machine understanding of sports forms the foundation of all the products we deliver, which are used by coaches, broadcasters, and fans. Machine Learning engineers are involved in data extraction, developing state-of-the-art models/algorithms, training and evaluation. The primary focus area of this particular job opening is American football.
- Work experience or graduate degree in machine learning
- A solid CS foundation (data structures, object oriented design, modern software engineering practices)
- Understanding of the mathematical underpinnings of machine learning/statistical algorithms
- Experience in python and machine learning libraries: scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras
- Sports domain knowledge, particularly in American football a must
- Data build technologies - AWS, postgres
- Data extraction, cleansing, and normalization
- Team-oriented engineering habits
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies, as well as teach/mentor others
- Strong work ethic
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude while being language and technology agnostic. However, for this position, we are looking for someone with previous experience with machine learning, a strong computer science foundation, and strong knowledge of American football.