Open end contract
Second Spectrum is a sports technology company and for our Systems team we are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to be based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Build server and client side web applications that run our AI-based sports analytics system, which powers analysis in real-time for thousands of football and basketball games. The Systems Team is at the intersection of the computer vision team and the data/AI team. They ensure machine learning and computer vision algorithms can run efficiently for real-time delivery to our customers.
· Develop applications that power the execution of our AI-based sports analytics system.
· Control and monitor real-time systems for live sports games: config management, initialisation, video player visualisation, monitoring and QA.
· Implement and orchestrate microservices in distributed systems (EC2, S3, Docker, message queues, etc.).
· Optimise computing and human resources interacting with the system (e.g. queue prioritisation, task assignment).
· Implement and provide best-practices for maintainable software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
· Manage interdisciplinary projects combining different teams within the company.
· MSc in computer science or in a related degree, with strong software engineering components.
· 3+ years of industrial experience as a full stack software engineer with strong emphasis on back-end.
· 3+ years of industrial experience in full development life cycle: designing, prototyping, implementation, testing and performance evaluation of software.
· Solid experience in software engineering: modern software development practices and tools, concurrent and distributed programming, operating systems, computer networks, database systems.
· Fully proficient with
· Server-side: Node, Elixir/Phoenix, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
· Infrastructure: AWS EC2 and S3, Docker, Linux
· Code base: Git with GitLab or Github
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
· Cutting-edge products to work on for major sports leagues, such as the NBA and the English Premier League.
· Start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and provides opportunities to make an impact.
· Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly-qualified technical leads.
· Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable and efficient code).
· Multicultural team with employees based across 4 countries (USA, UK, China & Switzerland).
· Regular formal and informal team outings.
· Flexible working hours, competitive salary, incentive stock options and improved Swiss social benefits.
About Second Spectrum
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win with cutting-edge technology in computer vision, machine learning, big data, augmented reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the National Basketball Association (NBA) and of the English Premier League (EPL). In addition, we are working with several football clubs in Europe and in the United States. We have over 100 employees across 4 countries and are headquartered in Los Angeles (USA).