Account Manager and Customer Success Specialist
United States /
Business Development/Sales /
Second Spectrum is seeking a highly motivated Account Manager and Customer Success Specialist to join our team, help us support and learn from our growing set of customers, and ensure that our products and services are delivering our customers as much value as possible. The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge of the industry and ability to quickly learn the products and services the company provides. The position is initially remote, but may be located in Los Angeles and may require travel in the future.
Customer Training and Support
· Develop and execute interactive training sessions across our set of products.
· Respond to customer questions and troubleshoot issues that arise.
· Monitor internal Second Spectrum systems and proactively communicate with customers around potential issues.
· Monitor product usage and report to the Second Spectrum team.
Client Retention and Account Management
· Maintain ongoing communication with existing clients to understand and serve their evolving needs.
· Present clients with new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
· Work with technical team and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
· Relay feedback and customer constraints to technical team.
· Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Strategic Business Planning
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in customer success.
· Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· Identify business trends with a view towards developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
Research and Market Analysis
· Perform market research to understand how Second Spectrum offerings compare to others in the market.
· Track and record activity on accounts to understand key use cases.
· Understand the company’s goals and purposes to continually enhance the company’s performance.
Other Skills and Requirements
· Sports and market knowledge, specifically professional and amateur basketball and soccer (football).
· CRM software knowledge.
· Business travel, including visiting current and potential clients, attending industry events and conferences.
· Previous experience working in management consulting a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and progressive account management, customer success, sales, or strategy experience.