Senior Computer Vision Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win with cutting-edge technology in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Big Data, Augmented Reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the NBA since 2017. In addition, we are working with several football clubs and leagues in Europe and in the US. We employ over 100 employees across 4 countries and are headquartered in Los Angeles (USA). To grow our team and join our Los Angeles office, we are looking for a computer vision engineer.
- Design, prototype, implement and evaluate computer vision algorithms in Python and modern C++.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) to run algorithms on large number of servers in the cloud, to analyze sport matches from our installations for diverse sports (basketball, football, ice-hockey, etc.).
- Train computer vision algorithms using our labeled data sets of sports videos, updated daily by our operators.
- Develop readable, maintainable and efficient code and contribute to Git repositories.
- Review code of other engineers and contribute to the company’s engineering good practices.
- Keep up with the latest innovation and techniques by attending international computer vision conferences, such as ICCV or CVPR, and by discussing papers every two weeks.
- Act as a mentor for interns.
Education and Professional Background Requirements:
- Higher education diploma in Computer Science or related degree
- Advanced level in Python or modern C++ with exposure to functional & object-oriented programming paradigms
- General knowledge of most common computer vision and machine learning algorithms
- Experience in end-to-end solutions for computer vision and machine learning, from specification to performance evaluation
- Strong software engineering background: modern software development practices and tools, concurrent and distributed programming, operating systems, computer networks, database systems
- High performance computing, GPU computing. Exposure to real-time systems – an asset
- Languages for scientific computing: Python 2.7 & 3, C++11
- Frameworks: OpenCV3, CUDA, FFmpeg, Tensorflow, NumPy, scikit-learn
- Code base: Git with GitLab
- Machine learning: deep neural networks
- Cloud services: AWS EC2 and S3
- Productivity: Slack, Jira, Confluence, Google Apps (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Strong work ethic
- Team-oriented engineering habits, as one of our core values is “team first”
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and disseminating experience
- Willingness to contribute with ideas and to question existing standards
- Excited about team sports, both as a player and as a fan – an asset
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. However, you will be expected to speak to anything listed on your resume/CV.