Computer Vision Engineering Intern (3-6 months)
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win with cutting-edge technology in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Big Data, Augmented Reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the NBA since 2017. In addition, we are working with several football clubs and leagues in Europe and in the US. We employ over 100 employees across 4 countries and are headquartered in Los Angeles (USA).
The primary goal of internships at Second Spectrum is professional growth. As an intern, you are given the opportunity to work on real projects that professional sports teams, broadcasters, and consumers use. We try to match your personal and professional interests and skills with our projects. They may include camera calibration, object recognition and tracking.
- Design, prototype, implement and evaluate computer vision algorithms in Python and modern C++.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) to run algorithms on large number of servers in the cloud, analyzing sport matches from our installations for diverse sports (basketball, football, ice-hockey, etc.).
- Work with internal sports data sets for machine learning, updated daily by a professional team of 50+.
- Develop readable, maintainable and efficient code and contribute to Git repositories involving 20+ people.
- Document code development, bugs and corrections in Git repositories.
- Review code of other engineers and contribute to the company’s engineering good practices.
- Keep up with the latest innovation and techniques by attending international computer vision conferences, such as ICCV or CVPR, and by discussing papers every two weeks.
- Work in strong collaboration with our colleagues at the headquarters in LA.
Education and Professional Background Requirements:
- Studying towards a MSc in Computer Science or related degree, focused on computer vision or deep learning
- Master at least one main programming language (Python, C++), with exposure to functional & object-oriented programming paradigms
- Practical experience in computer vision or deep learning (code samples are mandatory)
- Strong academic performance
- Fluent in English
- Swiss/EU/EFTA citizen or Swiss C permit holder (mandatory)
- Strong work ethic
- Team-oriented engineering habits
- Excited about team sports, both as a player and as a fan
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and disseminating experience
- Willingness to contribute ideas and to question existing standards
We Provide Our Interns With:
- Competitive salary
- Team work
- Programming skills development
- Specialization in Computer Vision
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. However, you will be expected to speak to anything listed on your resume/CV.