Computer Vision Engineering Intern
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win with cutting-edge technology in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Big Data, Augmented Reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the NBA since 2017. In addition, we are working with several football clubs and leagues in Europe and in the US. We employ over 100 employees across 4 countries and are headquartered in Los Angeles (USA).
Develop computer vision & machine learning cutting-edge technologies to ensure our market leading position in sports player tracking and broadcast solutions.
Become a Computer Vision Engineer at Second Spectrum after a 6-month mentored internship.
- Work on projects related to the development and optimization of real-time and high-accuracy sports solutions with modern computer vision, which can include object detection, recognition and tracking, camera calibration, 3D reconstruction, etc.
- Design, prototype, implement and test software and computer vision & machine learning algorithms in Python and C++
- Leverage Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) to run algorithms on a large number of servers in the cloud
- Implement best-practices for maintainable software development, including deployment process, documentation, efficient/modular/readable code, adherence to and improvement of coding standards
- MSc or PhD in computer science or related degree, with strong software engineering and modern computer vision
- Fully proficient in Python and/or modern C++ with exposure to functional & object-oriented programming paradigms
- Hands-on experience in computer vision and/or machine learning involving code implementation
- 3+ months of industrial experience in computer vision and/or modern machine learning, such as deep learning
- Swiss/EU/EFTA citizen or Swiss C permit holder
Our Software Stack:
- Languages for scientific computing: Python & C++
- Frameworks: OpenCV, CUDA, FFmpeg, Tensorflow, NumPy, scikit-learn, Caffe2
- Code base: Git with GitLab
- Cloud services: AWS EC2 and S3
- Productivity: Slack, Jira, Confluence, Google Apps (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Perspectives to convert into a full-time engineering position with an open-end contract
- Flexible working hours, competitive salary, full integration into the team’s work and structured mentorship
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly-qualified technical leads with daily stand-ups, weekly 1:1 and team meetings
- Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable and efficient code)
- Start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact
- State-of-the-art technology: discuss papers on a regular basis
- Multicultural team with CV team members based across 3 countries (USA, Switzerland and India)
- Highly-qualified team of 10 computer vision engineers, who enjoy learning, exchanging ideas and questioning existing standards
- Regular formal and informal team outings