Network Engineer - Camera Capture Team
Los Angeles, CA
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win, making data and video easily accessible and actionable. For media companies, we create automatically augmented video and interactive, personalized, OTT experiences. We are at the forefront of computer vision, machine learning, big data, augmented reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the NBA. In addition, we are working with several football (soccer) clubs and leagues in Europe and in the US, and provide software for coaches and players to help improve their game.
Second Spectrum is headquartered in Los Angeles (USA) with one R&D office in Lausanne (Switzerland) and another one in Shanghai (China). Its computer vision team has engineers in Los Angeles and in Lausanne. The purpose of the R&D team is to provide cutting-edge technologies to ensure our market leading position. They are in charge of all aspects of the computer vision and deep learning technologies for player tracking and broadcast solutions. To grow our team and join our Los Angeles office, we are looking for a Systems Engineer.
Second Spectrum is seeking a Network Engineer to join our optical tracking and video capture team. Responsibilities include networking installation design, network performance optimization, network maintenance and troubleshooting, and solutions research for real-time applications.
- 3+ years network engineering experienceReal-time content delivery experience (including, but not limited to, video)
- Networking: routing, switch and router configuration, High MTU / Jumbo Frames
- Networking protocols: TCP, UDP, IGMP / multicast
- Networking media: single-mode fiber, ethernet, Twinaxial cable
- Experience with fiber optics and troubleshooting interface errors, etc.
- Networking design: bandwidth, VPN, equipment and throughput constraints SNMP router management
- Familiarity with the Linux networking stack
- Ability to find creative solutions to hardware and software challenges around low-latency, high-reliability video delivery
- Site reliability engineering: metrics, monitoring, incident response, post-mortem analysis
- Live systems support and monitoring
- Evening and weekend on-call rotation for video capture during professional sports seasons
Nice to haves:
- Development or shell scripting experience
- C/C++ systems level programming
- Experience with IP cameras and network performance around cameras
- Interest in camera/video system technologies: PTP2, RTMP, RTSP, SDI, GigE Vision, CoaXPress, GenLock, IRIG-B
- Video compression experience (h.264, h.265, VP8, VP9)
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. However, you will be expected to speak to anything listed on your resume/CV.