Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Los Angeles, CA
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win, making data and video easily accessible and actionable. For media companies, we create automatically augmented video and interactive, personalized, OTT experiences. We are at the forefront of computer vision, machine learning, big data, augmented reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the NBA. In addition, we are working with several football (soccer) clubs and leagues in Europe and in the US, and provide software for coaches and players to help improve their game.
Second Spectrum is headquartered in Los Angeles (USA) with one R&D office in Lausanne (Switzerland) and another one in Shanghai (China). Its computer vision team has engineers in Los Angeles and in Lausanne. The purpose of the R&D team is to provide cutting-edge technologies to ensure our market leading position. They are in charge of all aspects of the computer vision and deep learning technologies for player tracking and broadcast solutions. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure team.
Second Spectrum is seeking engineers for our DevOps team, which brings a software engineering mentality to application deployment. Design and build a multi-datacenter architecture that runs all of the systems Second Spectrum operates. Furthermore, empower the teams at Second Spectrum by building out internal tooling that help developers deploy their services, provide logs and metrics, and gain insight into the applications as they run at scale.
- AWS (EC2, Lambda, RDS, S3, among others)
- Docker and container scheduling
- Hashicorp Stack (Nomad, Consul, Vault, Terraform)
- Postgresql, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Node.js, Elixir, Python, Golang, JVM
- Datadog, ELK, metrics, and monitoring
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- An aptitude for learning technologies and sharing experience
- Working knowledge of HTTP(S), DNS, TCP/IP, and other internet based protocols.
- Basic familiarity with Linux.
- Knowledge of (or enthusiasm to learn) the systems outlined in Our Stack.
In additional to writing code around the above stack, we take a hands-on approach to our systems. We host our own services when appropriate, and leverage open source wherever possible. We’re looking for someone with a strong sense of ownership, has opinions, can learn quickly, and is able to distribute knowledge. If this sounds like you, apply below.