Manchester, United Kingdom
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win with cutting-edge technology in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Big Data, Augmented Reality, and Product Design. Second Spectrum is working with several football clubs and leagues in Europe and in the United States. Second Spectrum is also the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the National Basketball Association (NBA). We employ over 100 employees across 4 countries and are headquartered in Los Angeles (USA). We are growing our team in our Manchester, United Kingdom office.
Second Spectrum is seeking an IT/Support Engineer to provide front-line technical support and troubleshooting for our tracking products. This position requires evening, weekend, and holiday work hours. Initial responsibilities will include building out, under guidance, an operations center to support video-based tracking and annotation for live sporting events. Once deployed, responsibilities will include metrics monitoring, systems evaluation, failure diagnosis, disaster recovery, coordination and follow-up with software engineering, and post-mortem documentation.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Availability to work 40 hours a week, with a schedule that includes weeknights, weekends, and holidays (based on Premier League schedule)
- Operational experience with real-time systems under Service Level Agreement
- Critical thinking in software systems diagnosis under time pressure
- Process-oriented, creative problem solving
- Ability to diagnose, research via search engine, and develop solutions independently
- Desktop computer administration: installation, imaging, removing bloatware, data recovery, data scrubbing.
- Experience troubleshooting desktop operating systems environments: browser settings, permissions issues, identifying virus/malware
- Experience with configuring and debugging wifi and internet
- Written communication focused on concision, clarity, and next steps
- Good documentation habits
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Experience with command line tools in Linux or Unix
- Logfile analysis tools (Grep, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Datadog)
- SQL querying
- Amazon Web Services (or cloud computing in general)
- Customer service and issue triage with many competing priorities
- Vendor and customer management over CRM interfaces (like Zendesk) and in person