Senior Software Engineer (Applications Team)
Los Angeles, CA
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win with cutting-edge technology in computer vision, machine learning, big data, augmented reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is also the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Second Spectrum is also working with several football clubs and leagues in Europe and in the United States. We provide software for coaches and players to help improve their game. We employ over 100 employees across 4 countries and are headquartered in Los Angeles (USA).
Second Spectrum is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who contributes technically as well as mentoring other engineers.
- Design and build customer-facing and internal applications
- Own reliability, stability, and availability of systems
- Mentor other engineers both technically and professionally
- Assess and drive adoption of emerging technologies and techniques
- Provide technical leadership, including code review, practices, and skill development
- Communicate technical commitments and decisions to team and external stakeholders
- 7+ years of hands-on, full-time software development experience
- Experience collaborating across multiple disciplines (front-end, back-end, databases, infrastructure, and devops)
- Can articulate and make decisions about trade-offs between rapid iteration and high quality products
- Codes day to day
- Mostly front end / web-apps / mobile apps development experience
- Prior experience with consumer apps with thousands to millions of users
- Server-side: Elixir, JVM, Golang, Node.js, Redis, Mongo, Postgres, AWS
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. However, you will be expected to speak to anything listed on your resume/CV.