Los Angeles, CA
User Experience Design
Second Spectrum’s mission is to advance the understanding and enjoyment of sports by creating personalized and meaningful content for everyone -- one athlete, one coach, one fan at a time. We create tools that help teams win, making data and video easily accessible and actionable. For media companies, we create automatically augmented video and interactive, personalized, OTT sports fan experiences. We are at the forefront of computer vision, machine learning, big data, augmented reality, and product design.
We are the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the NBA. In addition, we are working with several football (soccer) clubs and leagues in Europe and in the U.S., and provide software for coaches and players to help improve their game. Second Spectrum is headquartered in Los Angeles (USA) with R&D offices in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Shanghai (China).
As a Product Designer at Second Spectrum, you will play a big part in creating groundbreaking experiences for sports fans, professional teams & players, sports analysts and coaches. You will be working alongside the designers on the product team as well as product managers, engineers and motion designers to reimagine the future of the sports.
- Take complex, high-level ideas and turn them into thoughtful and engaging user experiences
- Create design requirements for product specifications, user scenarios and screen flows
- Design wireframes, visual interfaces and interactive prototypes with compelling interactions for web based productivity tools and consumer facing mobile applications
- Work alongside product managers and engineers to ensure that pixel perfect visual designs and interactive prototypes are built the way they were intended
- Contribute and help maintain our design system
- You use Sketch, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools such as Principle or Invision
- You have excellent aesthetics and design sensibility for typography, grid systems and other core design principles
- You have an online portfolio (no PDFs or downloads) with beautiful interface designs that show your craftsmanship and attention to detail
- You have examples in your portfolio of web based productivity applications and consumer facing mobile applications
Nice to Haves:
- You are familiar with modern interactive prototyping tools such as Framer X, Origami, Principal
- You have examples of smart TV applications, virtual reality or augmented reality experiences in your portfolio
- You have domain knowledge in mainstream sports