Live Streaming Specialist
Los Angeles, CA /
Product Operations /
Second Spectrum is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
• We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market. We are the official tracking and analytics partner of the NBA, MLS and EPL. We also work with other top basketball and soccer (football) leagues and clubs around the world.
• We generate meaningful and accurate data in the language of sport. Nearly every team in the NBA and ESPN uses our analytics and video platforms.
• We create cutting edge software and communication tools so we can deliver personalized and interactive technologies for leagues, managers, players, media and fans that save people time and get them what they want in ways that previously did not exist.
• We launched an innovative product, Clippers CourtVision, which won an NBA Innovation Award and Best in Technology at the 2019 Sports Business Awards, and have subsequently been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, FOX, NBATV, and NBA League Pass among others.
We are constantly innovating. We believe that technology will revolutionize the way that sports are played, coached, and experienced, and that the work to make this happen has just begun.
The Role: Live Streaming Specialist
Second Spectrum is seeking a Live Streaming Specialist to join our team and help us operate products in a variety of leagues and media organizations around the world.
What You’ll Get To Do:
● Operate and manage both on premise encoders and cloud based video pipelines for our live video augmentation system
● Troubleshoot incoming and outgoing video and audio feeds
● Process post-game highlights using proprietary software and systems
● Assist with testing and simulations when releasing new features
● Operate independently and be responsible for entire deliveries. Be on the front line of delivering for clients.
What You Have:
● 1-2 years of experience with live streaming, general familiarity with encoders, cameras and video formats or basic video engineering and IP network troubleshooting (can be collegiate experience)
● Understanding of video transmission protocols and troubleshooting
● Flexibility and availability to work a sports based events schedule; variable nights, weekends and holidays will be required based on live sports event schedules and will change based on the season
● Experience in live streaming workflows - we will train on specifics for our processes
What Sets You Apart:
● A media/production degree
● Excited about changing technologies, learning new workflows and desire to suggest improvements
● Ability to remain calm under pressure and make independent decisions during events with a focus on delivery
● Demonstrating your ability to think of the team first, embracing change and being audacious
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
● Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly-qualified technical leads
● Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams
● Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio.