Business Development and Sales Leader
United States /
Business Development/Sales /
Second Spectrum is seeking a highly motivated Business Development and Sales Leader to join our team, help us accelerate our growth, and build up our sales team. The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge of the industry and ability to quickly learn the products and services the company provides. The position is initially remote but may be located in Los Angeles and may require travel in the future.
New Business Development
· Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
· Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
· Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization and arrange introductory and pitch meetings.
· Work with the Second Spectrum team to develop proposals that speak to clients’ needs, concerns, and objectives.
Client Retention and Account Management
· Maintain ongoing communication with existing clients to understand and serve their evolving needs.
· Present clients with new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
· Work with technical team and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
· Relay feedback and customer constraints to technical team.
· Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Strategic Business Planning
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
· Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· Identify business trends with a view towards developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
Management and Research
· Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
· Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
· Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
· Understand the company’s goals and purposes to continually enhance the company’s performance.
Other Skills and Requirements
· Sports and market knowledge, specifically professional and amateur basketball and soccer (football).
· CRM software knowledge.
· Business travel, including visiting current and potential clients, attending industry events and conferences.
· Previous experience working in management consulting a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3-5 years of progressive business development, sales, or strategy experience.
MBA a plus.