Brand Writing Lead
Section4 is on a mission to deliver elite business education for all. Since early 2020, the best minds in business have taught over 10,000 students strategic frameworks that have upleveled their thinking and accelerated their career - all this without the friction of business school applications and at a fraction of the cost. If you’re interested in joining a fast-paced education startup making a meaningful impact in the world, join us at Section4.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and creative individual to be our Brand Writing Lead. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our Brand voice and managing a set of writers and freelancers to oversee all content production in marketing. You’ll take our messaging and give it real creative legs. You’ll help us connect to our audiences through compelling writing and strategic storytelling.
This is a remote position based in the US.
What You’ll Do:
- Holder of the brand voice and tone guidelines. You ensure that we are consistent in our messaging and our brand has a differentiated style and personality.
- Deliver compelling copy for a wide variety of projects that span different audiences - everything from crafting newsletters in a Scott Galloway-style to revamping the copy on our website and landing pages.
- Build and manage a team of writers and freelancers to execute on our marketing projects.
- Understand the “big picture" of projects to help the creative team develop copy and visuals that support the key objectives.
- Lead projects and programs from brief to delivery.
- Work closely with leadership, designers, and strategy team
Who you are:
- Strategic doer. You’re willing to fill in the gaps and aren’t afraid of uncertainty. In fact, you thrive in it.
- Excellent writer. You have style and perspective.
- 5+ years of writing and/or brand experience at growth-stage organization or agency.
- You’ve managed freelancers and writers in the past and can get the best out of creatives.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Bonus points for owning editorial products in the past - like a newsletter.
Who we are:
At Section4, we believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. A diverse and inclusive team creates a better product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage candidates of underrepresented backgrounds to apply.