Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Engineering – Engineering /
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team.
Our Engineering team has worked hard to create an amazing product that continues to delight our users. We’re at a new frontier as a business, maturing our platform to enable our flagship product to have a versatility that allows for next-gen innovation.
As one of our Software Engineers based out of Bruges, you’ll be part of an ambitious team working alongside a global team of engineers.
You’ll help us evolve our code in the direction of our architectural goals, working on a variety of technologies across our stack. You’ll deliver features, fix bugs, and help design and execute on epics. Each of these engineering contributions comes with improvements to our code, our processes, and our technological knowledge. Make things better while developing a product that makes everyone’s software more secure!
We’re a high-functioning team practicing agile development. You can expect to help us scale our presence, collaborate, and pair with other skilled engineers, where every day you’ll share, teach, lead, and own. You'll work hard on interesting challenges while developing your own capabilities.
What You Will Do
- Be a valuable member of a world-class development team
- Deliver our products to market quickly and efficiently
- Evolve our systems architecture to scale with our business
- Work in a fast-paced DevSecOps environment
- Collaborate with other groups in the organisation
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in working with Web UIs, and REST APIs
- Strong knowledge of NodeJS
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Docker, CI/CD
- Knowledge and exposure to Agile practices
- Comfortable with pair programming daily
- Profound both in Dutch and English
You Will Stand Out If You Also Have
- Hands-on experience with TDD
- Knowledge of Angular and React
- Knowledge of other programming languages, particularly Java, C# and Python
- Knowledge of MongoDB or similar document databases (NoSQL)
- Knowledge of microservices architectures
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring & alerting (ideally Datadog)
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!