Data Analyst (standing)
Data Engineering /
Seer Interactive is a digital marketing consultancy that harnesses compassion, data, and technology to make a mark on our communities - our coworkers, our clients, our industry, and our neighbors. We believe in relentlessly pursuing (and sharing) the truth – bringing together millions of data points from quantitative and qualitative sources to base our decisions on. Our purpose is to unlock potential for our communities mentioned above. Our vision is a world where it’s easy to do the right thing throughout those communities. If you’re ready to uplift others, challenge your ego, commit to the truth, and be better than yesterday – keep reading.
Seer is a remote first agency with team members working across the country. If an office environment is more your style, this position can also sit in Philadelphia or San Diego.
**PLEASE NOTE** Due to our cyclical hiring needs, this standing role will remain posted if we don't have an active need because we know that one will come through soon. If you are not looking for an immediate change, please submit your application now as we'd love to learn more about you. As soon as a position opens, we will reach out to you to continue the interview process if you're still available and interested, and your skills and experience align with what we're looking for. We can assure you that we are reviewing applications, but won't be able to reach out until an active need becomes available. We'd love for you to stay in touch with us by signing up for our newsletter to receive the latest updates about our careers.
What about you? What about you? You’re a data-obsessed problem-solver. You pay attention to the details without losing sight of the big picture. You know how to think critically and turn business problems into data problems. You’re quick to pick up patterns and patient enough to identify long-term trends. You are detail-oriented, logical, and endlessly curious about how big data is used to inform digital marketing.
Your compensation and benefits will look like...
- Evaluation of comp at least once a year
- Profit Sharing
- Benefits that support your whole self
- Recharge week: 1 week PTO before starting
- Unlimited PTO with a 3 week minimum/year requirement and Flexible Fridays
- Reduced Holiday Hours from Christmas through New Year’s for the whole team to unplug and recharge
- 13 paid company holidays, including Employee Appreciation Days & Mental Health Days
- 100% paid parental leave to support your growing family with phased return
- Elected Medical, Dental & Vision benefits effective your first day with employer funded employee premiums, HRA and Dental
- If you enroll in our medical plan, a medical HRA to support your individual / family deductible
- All Access HRA annual allowance to support your health & wellness
- Annual Kaizen budget for your professional development
- Company funded Mental Health support via Ginger
- 401k at 1 year, 100% vested with a generous match and company funded financial advisor available day 1
- Flexible working schedule with core business hours in your timezone
- Joining us 100% remotely? You’ll receive a $400 Remote Office setup stipend to set up your workspace
Snippets of our highlighted benefits: (not comprehensive)
Here are some highlights of what you'll be doing...
- You’ll be entrenched in the data; working with Product and Project Managers to use your advanced SQL skills to enrich products with meaningful, actionable data. That means clear communication and feedback are critical to helping us work better together
- You’ll help manage and implement data modeling in Seer’s data warehouse -- leveraging BigQuery and advanced SQL expertise to optimize queries and drive other cost-saving opportunities. Partitions, clustering and nesting is just a part of the day-to-day
- You’ll work within our data warehouse, using BigQuery and pulling business insights out of data. That means big transformations! You’ll use SQL (in dbt)
- While you’re familiar with Datastudio or PowerBI, you’ll focus on advanced, big data visualization applications, like Looker. No worries if you don’t know Looker, your SQL modeling skills can help you with LookML
- You’ll be working with a Project Manager to ensure all deadlines are completed on time or clear communication if they are not
- We’ve built up a lot of internal best practices over the years. You’ll be providing feedback on your existing knowledge to improve our internal docs (no egos here)
- You’ll create clear, readable documentation that not only other developers will thank you for but your future self will be appreciative
- You’ll be learning. Everyone on the team, from the top down spends a lot of time learning on the job. That means we support you (carving out time from Product work) for you to take classes. If you get better, we get better
- You’ll complete cross-divisional training, gaining a strong foundation of PPC, SEO, Analytics, and how they all work together
- You'll contribute to the Seer blog, industry forums, and grow your thought leadership skills from the ground up
The skills you'll bring to the table...
- You're an innovator. You're excited to work with big data and use your expert experience in SQL and Python to problem solve and answer business questions
- You've worked with data visualization tools, specifically Power BI and/or Data Studio
- You have relevant internship experience or hands-on project experience working with data
- You take initiative and can self-direct in the absence of detailed guidelines
- You’re comfortable managing deadlines and project managing for multiple deliverables across different divisions and thrive in a fast-paced, open environment
- You have a strong sense of self, which means you’re able to say no, deliver feedback, have the confidence to provide input, etc.
Your most important qualities to be successful at Seer...
- Truth Seeker
- Data Driven
- People Centric
You'll go the extra mile with these Bonus Points...
- You have experience in LookML. Looker is the core part of our stack, so having that knowledge coming in is a really good-to-have, but don’t worry, we’ll train you on it if you aren’t familiar
- You have an understanding of digital marketing data, specifically SEO and PPC. Perhaps you’ve even worked in a marketing agency? We should definitely chat!
Not ready to apply but want to keep in touch? Stay connected via our monthly Career Update newsletter! We'll share curated content on Seer, open roles, industry insights, career advice, events you don't want to miss, and more (so you never miss a beat).
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here-- you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You have to apply though :)