At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; on standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We do this by offering best in class digital strategy, backed by data, and driven through a variety of interactive tools that fuel our passion for the digital space.
You, the User Researcher of our dreams, are passionately curious and obsessed with getting to “why.” You’ve always been fascinated by people--their motivations, needs, and actions--and you pick up on details that they may not even realize. You have the ability to put people at ease in conversations and let their responses shine without getting in the way. You’ve been conducting user research for a few years now, and you never met an interviewee you couldn’t crack or a survey you couldn’t interpret.
You’re a quick-thinking, fast-moving problem solver with the ability to do research in imperfect situations and settings. While you may be used to applying your research to design projects, you’re pumped to dig into how this research applies to a user’s full online experience, including audience targeting, messaging, and content strategies. You’re so great with people that some may assume you aren’t great with numbers, but they’d be wrong. The balance of right brain emotional intelligence and left brain analysis is something you’ve mastered. You’re a natural teacher and can’t wait to share the latest and greatest techniques you’ve perfected over time with our team.
Here are some highlights of what you'll be doing...
- Develop audience research plans on clients in various industries, such as education, banking, Saas, and more.
- Execute and conduct surveys, interviews, user testing exercises, and on-site analytics tests
- Instruct the team on how to create surveys and interview questions, as well as coach them on interviewing techniques and best practices
- Using your experience and expertise, manage and evolve our research process to include innovative approaches and keep our resources up-to-date
- Implement on-site analytics and feedback tools, such as CrazyEgg and HotJar, run tests, analyze their results, and make recommendations based on their output
- Support the creation of case studies
The Skills you'll bring...
- 2-3 years as a User Researcher
- Knowledge of different types of user research, principles, tools, and technologies, such as Validately, HotJar, CrazyEgg, Google Surveys, Pollfish, etc.
- Comfortable working on projects outside of a research lab, with varying resources, timelines, access, etc.
- Ability to summarize and communicate research insights in written and verbal communication
- Champion of process and ongoing improvements
- You are a student of research; you’re pretty darn good, but you’re always looking for new ways of drawing insights of out of people and from data
- Digital marketing experience, including paid search, analytics, and SEO
- 2+ years at a digital marketing agency
- This is a Part-Time Contractor role that requires 3 weeks of on-site training in our Philadelphia office followed by 10 hours per week ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.