Director of Analytics
San Diego, CA /
At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We're a Digital Marketing Agency powered by Big Data to drive integrated, holistic strategy for our clients. We get excited at the thought of bringing together millions of data points from disparate data sets (including qualitative!) to drive empathy-fueled opportunities and insights at scale. Big Data, automation, and problem solving at scale: it's what's for breakfast. Could this be love? Maybe.
What about you? You’re the go-to for all things analytics and beyond. A visionary, change agent, and influencer; shaping the future of our Analytics division. You're the leader team's dream of-- sparking thought leadership and fire, while uniting the team around a shared vision they're excited to support.
Your expertise sits at the intersection of Web Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Data Science, and Development. But your unmatched ability to distill complex technical information into comprehensible business opportunities is where the magic happens.
Here are some highlights of what you'll be doing...
- Lead a division of 20+ stretching across Web Analytics, Development, and Data Science-- leveraging our position as a Google Analytics 360 Reseller and Google Analytics Certified Partner to advance the evolution of this rapidly growing business unit
- Responsible for divisional P&L; management and execution of top and bottom line growth (including operations), assist in budgeting and forecasting
- Create and maintain scalable processes that support our transformation towards big data and holistic strategy across digital channels-- driving buy-in and excitement across our Analytics division
- Forecast changes in our industry and develop specific business requirements to ensure future competitive advantages that aim to position Seer as a thought leader in the industry
- Own divisional staffing needs to ensure appropriate client alignment while managing against aggressive growth goals and margin expectations. You will play a vital role in recruiting -- everything from helping shape job descriptions through interviews and final approvals
- Work closely with Team Leads to drive professional growth, foster team collaboration, and inspire innovation among them and their account teams
- Drive deep consulting skills across the division, elevating the team’s ability to partner with their clients on tough business problems, transforming those challenges into data-driven solutions
- Build strong relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are constantly met and are congruent with company mission and vision
- Partner with business development team to identify, qualify and close projects
The skills you'll bring to the table...
- Demonstrated success of growing and scaling an analytics team of at least 20+ members
- You’re a wealth of knowledge in leading cloud-based Data Warehouse solutions (GCP, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.), data/ETL pipelines, datalakes, real-time streaming, and advanced analytics
- Solving business problems through analysis is part of your DNA -- from Data Studio to Tableau to Power BI, knowing what questions to ask, what data sources to integrate (from analytics to organic to paid to 3rd party sources and CRMS like Salesforce) and how to visualize a story through data are challenges that you thrive on
- Financial/Ops expertise with exceptional understanding of billables and project costing
- Success driving new business opportunities; ability to identify, cross and up-sell opportunities by partnering with business development and Analytics team members and articulating our value to prospective clients
- Exceptional presentation skills, ability to articulate a complex strategy to an audience of varying degrees of marketing knowledge and expertise
- Success cultivating high performing teams while fostering a diverse, inclusive, and trusting environment. You know how to find, grow, and keep exceptional talent in a highly competitive and relationship-driven, niche market
- Exceptionally manages client relationships from small, well-funded start-ups to Fortune 500-- promoting cross-functional collaboration and successfully driving organic growth
Not ready to apply but want to keep in touch? Stay connected via our monthly Career Update newsletter! We'll share curated content on Seer, open roles, industry insights, career advice, events you don't want to miss, and more (!!!) so you never miss a beat.
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here-- you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You’ve gotta apply though :)