As a leader in digital marketing and strategy, we’re pretty competitive by nature; we work hard and play hard, and we do it together. Sure, we have pretty cool office space, team happy hours and quizzo nights, and a company apartments in San Diego and Philadelphia…but our culture is our driver, our source of energy and inspiration.
You, the ever so detailed, Accountant, will play a vital role in ensuring that our day to day finances are accurate, up-to-date, and actionable. You love detail, and you're something of a perfectionist (and this doesn't stress you out!). You want to learn more about the inner workings of a business, and you want an up-close view. You take pride in the quality and quantity of work you do each day, knowing that it contributes to the success of the whole system that's built on it.
Your organizational skills are enviable and your calm demeanor reassures us all that even when it gets a little crazy busy, everything will be just fine. You are trustworthy, kind, and diplomatic. You have a keen eye for cost cutting in ways that will not affect the all-important Seer culture. You have exceptional judgment and you’re able to manage sensitive information and situations confidentially. You are resourceful; you pride yourself on figuring things out and helping others to do the same.
Here’s a few highlights of what you’ll be doing...
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Pay vendor invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with Daily invoicing
- Cash application - Applying customer payments timely
- Manage employee credit card transactions to ledger
- Maintain controls over accounting transactions.
- Assist in Month End and Quarter End Reporting
- Prepare weekly Cash Forecast
- Complete special projects giving insightful analysis when needed.
- Complete internal audits of transactions as necessary.
- Assist in Benefit and Payroll Administration
- Assist in Employee on and off-boarding
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Manage team budget requests and documents.
- Protect the company’s value by keeping information confidential.
The Skills you'll bring...
- 1-3 years of experience
- Self-starter, organized, attention to detail, deadline oriented, hands-on.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- MS Office experience required including extensive Excel knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Database knowledge
- Previous agency or start-up experience
- Previous QuickBooks experience (not required)
Who We Are
Seer Interactive was founded in 2002 as a one-person search firm but our roots go back much further. Our team brings a wealth of knowledge that collectively spans decades of Paid Search, SEO and Analytics experience. We are marketers that focus on overall strategy. While we are lovers of search, we believe there is more to marketing than only SEO, PPC, and Analytics.
Seer’s talented team has grown to be over 150 employees, and with offices in both Philadelphia and San Diego, we’re definitely not slowing down! Named one of the Best Places to Work in Philadelphia and San Diego and recognized by Philadelphia Magazine as one of Philly’s Leading Start-ups, we’re known for our culture. We hire the BEST talent from coast to coast, and our people are our greatest asset.
What about you? You’re smart, creative and pretty damn cool. You’re resourceful and looking for a challenge. We’re innovators within digital marketing with hustle, smarts and the track record to boot. Could this be love?