SEO Team Lead
San Diego, CA
We pride ourselves on innovation; on standing out among the rest and enabling our clients do to the same. We do this by offering best in class brand strategy, backed by data, and driven through a variety of interactive tools that fuel our passion for the digital space.
You, the Team Lead we’ve been dreaming about, will level us up even further. Your ideas are unconventional, fresh, and smart. Your passion for people and ‘team’ is unprecedented. You can create and execute strategy with the best of them, but you’re a ‘do-er,’ and you’ll roll up your sleeves in an instant to show a member of your team how it’s done. Nothing is more fun than telling a good story, so creating a narrative to gain client buy-in is something you could do in your sleep. You engage with C-level executives with ease. Answering tactical search-related questions is cool, but you love opportunities to talk high level strategy; you’re not a show off, but you find it fun to illustrate how search has a much broader business impact than just rankings. You’re stoked about the opportunity to influence executives, clients, and certainly, your team. You’re addicted to growth and development and it shows in your ability to create success for the people that surround you.
The skills you'll bring....
- 4+ years of hands-on SEO agency experience with familiarity in Content Strategy, PR, Social Media, and Analytics
- Revenue responsibility: track record of growing divisional revenues; cross selling, up-selling, and/or acquiring new clients from referrals
- Retention responsibility: track record of maintaining strong relationships with clients by creating success and positive results
- Recruiting responsibility: track record of sourcing and selecting new members for your awesome team
- Strong conflict resolution; ability to diffuse high intensity situations for clients and team members
- Exceptional leadership skills; strong ability to help team members with differing backgrounds and skill levels achieve success2+ years in a managerial role, with direct reports
- Extremely organized and great at managing to deadlinesPolished communication skills; ability to drive conversation with C-level executives comfortably
- Previous experience in driving marketing strategy: creating, implementing, and managing strategy to achieve goals
- Ability and desire to share opinion on industry trending items in writing
- Ability to measure the effectiveness of strategy (rankings, traffic, conversions) and make decisions based on data
- SEO Leadership Team: work closely with Directors and Team Leads on the vision and growth of the division
- Revenue: growing divisional revenues; cross selling, up-selling, and/or acquiring new clients from referrals
- Client retention: building & maintaining strong relationships with clients by creating success and positive results
- Team Development: managing & developing a subset of Seer’s SEO team
- Recruiting: experience sourcing and selecting new members for your awesome team
- Thought Leadership: ability and desire to write about the latest industry trends, tests and trials to share Seer POV’s with clients and communities
- Experience managing people in roles in PPC, SEO, Content, Analytics, Social
Seer Interactive is a digital marketing agency with offices in Philadelphia and San Diego. We believe in doing a few things, and doing them well. For us, that means outstanding service and innovation across SEO, PPC, and Analytics. When Seer was founded in 2002 by Wil Reynolds, it was a one-person search firm. Today, our talented team of over 100 people strives for leadership across the marketing industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.