Data Analytics Intern (Spring 2019)
Note: Our Spring internship runs for 12-weeks, February through May. You must be able to spend 20 hours/week in-office at our Philadelphia HQ.
At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; standing out among the rest and enabling our clients do to the same. We do this by offering best in class brand strategy that's backed by data, but rooted in people. We see further than the screens in front of us, we see a journey. We’re trailblazers within digital marketing with hustle, smarts and track record to boot.
What about you? You’re a data-obsessed problem-solver. You pay attention to the details without losing sight of the big picture. You’re quick to pick up patterns and patient enough to identify long-term trends. You are detail-oriented, logical, and endlessly curious about how big data is used to inform digital marketing.
Here are some highlights of what you'll be doing...
- You will be entrenched in the data; handling everything from cleaning data, to connecting data across clients and data sets
- You will work within our data warehouse, using BigQuery and pulling business insights our of data
- You will interpret API instructions and build MVPs to transfer data from an API into a database or flat file. Depending on your skill level, you may use scripting and API’s for more advanced reporting
- You will create dashboards in Tableau, Data Studio & Power BI to display data for greater cross-divisional analysis and crafting strategy
- You’ll complete cross-divisional training, gaining a strong foundation of PPC, SEO, Analytics, and how they all work together
- You’ll be paired with a mentor on the Data Strategy team who will provide support and learning opportunities throughout the duration of your internship
- You’ll share your knowledge with the world by contributing to the Seer blog
The skills you'll bring to the table...
- You're an innovator. You're excited to work with Big Data and using your experience in SQL, Python, APIs, and DevOps (server provisioning and scheduling) to solve new problems.
- You've worked with data visualization tools, specifically Power BI, Tableau, and/or Data Studio
- You have relevant internship experience or hands-on project experience working with data in digital marketing (Bonus points for agency experience)
- You take initiative and can self-direct in the absence of detailed guidelines
- You’re comfortable managing deadlines for multiple deliverables and thrive in a fast-paced, open environment
- You have a strong sense of self, which means you’re able to say no, deliver feedback, have the confidence to provide input, etc.
- Bonus points if you have an understanding of digital marketing data, specifically SEO and PPC
What’s the commitment?
- We need ya for 12 weeks, 20 hours/week, in the office
- You do NOT need to be a student. This internship is open to anyone who is interested in taking their first step into big data as it related to the digital marketing industry
- And yes, this is a $PAID INTERNSHIP$
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.