Sr Data Engineer
At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; standing out among the rest and enabling our clients do to the same. We do this by offering best in class digital strategy that's backed by data, but rooted in people. We see further than the screens in front of us, we see a journey. We’re trailblazers within digital marketing with hustle, smarts and track record to boot.
What about you? You’re an innovator. Equal parts strategic advisor and making sh*t happen as it relates to all things data engineering. From wrangling requirements, database design and implementation, through to ops and evolution, your data engineering skills are top notch, but only seconding your ability to distill complex, technical problems into comprehensible business recommendations.
How will you drive impact? As our Sr Data Engineer, you will act as an advocate and educator for big data at Seer. This role offers a ground floor opportunity to own the technical architecture and ongoing development of a practice that's driving our continued growth as industry leaders. If you’re looking to power innovation in a fast-paced, start-up environment, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some highlights of what you'll be doing...
- Provide technical leadership for our data warehousing strategy and roadmap, as well as the growth of this team as our Data Warehouse capabilities scale
- Establish an optimal data pipeline architecture that feeds a Data Warehouse, data lakes, and data feeds, collaborating with internal teams to drive greater functionality in our data systems
- Ensure a high-quality, performance infrastructure that’s scalable to support rapid growth and high processing speeds in a secure cloud environment
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements, driving query optimization, schema design/review, QA, and troubleshooting
- Be proactive about improving infrastructure and schema, always seeking new opportunities to remove performance bottlenecks for the team
- Bridge gaps across internal stakeholders, communicating and helping support change management throughout different layers of the organization as our capabilities scale
- Lead a small team, driving the evolution of big data at Seer
The skills you'll bring to the table...
- You bring a business mind to technical problem solving and know the best tools to get the job done. Your recommendations are backed by data and paired with a cost/benefit analysis based on timeline, business impact, cost, and feasibility
- You bring a wealth of knowledge on leading cloud-based Data Warehouse solutions such as, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Azure Data Lake, Hadoop, and Snowflake
- You’ve got extensive knowledge of programming languages (Python, Java), experience implementing development methodologies (UML, Agile), as well as data orchestration services
- Your research mindset keeps you continuously striving towards better and more robust database solutions to support the growth of our capabilities and service offerings
- You’ve designed and developed cloud solutions for data and analytical workloads such as, warehouses, big data, data lakes, real-time streaming, and advanced analytics
- You have created loosely-coupled systems leveraging microservices
- You’ve created billing and performance monitoring, rate limiting, load balancing for microservices
- You’re big data experience extends beyond 1s and 0s. Compressing long unique strings with natural language is right up your alley, saving hours of processing time while you’re at it
- You’ve worked with Power BI schema objects and application objects
- AND you know digital marketing data? Perfect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.