Director of Paid Media
Paid Media /
Seer Interactive is a digital marketing consultancy that harnesses compassion, data, and technology to make a mark on our communities - our coworkers, our clients, our industry, and our neighbors. We believe in relentlessly pursuing (and sharing) the truth – bringing together millions of data points from quantitative and qualitative sources to base our decisions on. Our purpose is to unlock potential for our communities mentioned above. Our vision is a world where it’s easy to do the right thing throughout those communities. If you’re ready to uplift others, challenge your ego, commit to the truth, and be better than yesterday – keep reading.
Seer is a remote first agency with team members working across the country. If an office environment is more your style, this position can also sit in Philadelphia or San Diego.
What about you?
You’re the go-to for all things Paid Media and beyond. A visionary, change agent, and influencer; shaping the future of our Paid division.
You're the leader teams dream of-- sparking thought leadership and fire, while uniting the team around a shared vision they're excited to support.
You’re seasoned in Paid Media but breaking down silos, crafting holistic digital strategies and integrating cross-divisional data to drive client success and innovation is your thing.
You have a firm grasp on data; understanding the technology, tools and what is possible-- then making it happen.
You're obsessed with staying on top of emerging trends, tools and updates across the digital industry.
You know how to recognize, cultivate, and grow management and leadership talent.
You fully believe in sharing the knowledge and foresight that you have - you may not call yourself a thought leader, but your colleagues and clients certainly would...and they love you for it.
You are rooted in financials, process and operations; you know how to take the big picture and make it a reality in the day to day of the greater team and clients.
You’re a change agent and influencer; shaping the future of our Paid Media division while getting the team excited about where we're headed and running in the same direction.
Your Compensation and Benefits will look like…
- $130,000-$175,000 annually
- Evaluation of comp at least once a year
- Profit Sharing
- Benefits that support your whole self
- Recharge week: 1 week PTO before starting
- Unlimited PTO with a 3 week minimum/year requirement and Flexible Fridays
- Reduced Holiday Hours from Christmas through New Year’s for the whole team to unplug and recharge
- 13 paid company holidays, including Employee Appreciation Days & Mental Health Days
- 100% paid parental leave to support your growing family with phased return
- Elected Medical, Dental & Vision benefits effective your first day with employer funded employee premiums, HRA and Dental
- If you enroll in our medical plan, a medical HRA to support your individual / family deductible
- All Access HRA annual allowance to support your health & wellness
- Annual Kaizen budget for your professional development
- Company funded Mental Health support via Ginger
- 401k at 1 year, 100% vested with a generous match and company funded financial advisor available day 1
- Flexible working schedule with core business hours in your time zone
- Joining us 100% remotely? You’ll receive a $400 Remote Office setup stipend to set up your workspace
Snippets of our highlighted benefits: (not comprehensive)
Here are some highlights of what you’ll be doing…
- Partner with Executive leadership to craft Paid Media division's vision and strategic priorities, leading and executing quarterly goals and evangelizing Seer's vision across the team; drive excitement, adoption, and integration as we run full-steam towards big data, automation and holistic search strategies
- Responsible for financial and operational success of the division; P&L ownership and execution of top and bottom line growth against defined financial targets
- Lead divisional operations and change management; partner with your leadership team to streamline training and processes driving a strong operation foundation for growth and scale and to drive adoption among the team across new tools, technology and processes that align with our company’s vision
- Own divisional resource management, including leveraging outside contractors and strategic partnerships, to ensure appropriate alignment with client needs while managing against divisional financial targets
- Build strong relationships with clients, driving strong retention and growth by ensuring their business goals are met
- Foster an exceptionally inclusive and high trust environment, working closely with division leadership to drive professional growth, foster team collaboration and connection, and inspire innovation among the division
- Partner with the talent acquisition team on recruiting initiatives and with Business Development team to source, nurture, and win high-quality new clients aligned with Seer’s brand and capabilities
- Keep a pulse on industry trends and emerging media channels that could be built into our offerings for a more “full funnel” media approach.
- Drive division innovation and thought leadership, identifying opportunities for channel expansion, automation and the adoption of new tools and technology to ensure our offering stays on the cutting edge and connects customer needs with business goals
- Serve on the Senior Leadership team as an exemplary steward of our mission and values as you lead and build relationships & partner with cross functional leadership teams to help lead and execute company wide goals and foster cross functional collaboration
The skills you'll bring to the table...
- You’re a seasoned Senior leader in Paid Media with a deep understanding of how a digital marketing agency functions and demonstrated success of growing and scaling a Paid Media team of at least 30+ team members
- You have a strong financial and operational background with success leading a paid media division of at least $7-8MM in (fee) revenue annually, with strong, sustained gross and net profit margins
- You’ve contributed to a company’s overall strategic goals, and are eager to carry out our mission, participating as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, leading by using values as a compass for decision making and supporting company culture
- You are an expert in operations and process development and consider yourself a builder. You understand the big picture of where we’re going, and help build the steps we need to take along the way to get there
- You are steeped in the Paid Media tech stack and identifying gaps in tools and technology, evaluating solutions and making strategic recommendations on where to invest for the greatest impact for our clients, team and company
- You’ve worked with big data, using tools like Power BI, Looker, Tableau, to visualize and analyze data across multiple sources to inform client strategy
- You have demonstrated success driving new business with exceptional presentation skills, an ability to use data to articulate a complex strategy to an audience of varying degrees of marketing knowledge and expertise
- You exceptionally manage client relationships from small, well-funded start-ups to Fortune 500, helping drive strong client retention (85%+) and organic growth (20%+) annually
- You have a passion and demonstrated success building, growing & retaining high performing teams
- You’re a holistic and critical thinker with an ability to foster high levels of cross-functional collaboration
Your most important qualities to be successful at Seer…
- Truth Seeker
- Data Driven
- People Centric
You’ll go the extra mile with these Bonus Points…
- Breadth of digital marketing experience beyond Paid Media
- Experience across client Marketing Technology stacks
- Experience with marketplaces, Programmatic, etc.
- Expertise with the opportunities and limitations of different attribution regimes and technologies
- High data literacy; strong understanding and experience with data warehouses, data lakes, data pipelines, and 3rd party data sets to help drive paid media operations and strategies
- Extensive experience as a speaker, blogger, thought leader
- Strong industry relationships and network to facilitate continued innovation, learning and growth
Not ready to apply but want to keep in touch? Stay connected via our monthly Career Update newsletter! We'll share curated content on Seer, open roles, industry insights, career advice, events you don't want to miss, and more (so you never miss a beat).
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here-- you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You have to apply though :)