San Diego, CA
Note: Applications for our Fall 2019 internship have closed. If you are interested in our Spring 2019 internship, we are accepting rolling applications and will begin application review in November 2019. All applicants can expect to hear from us in November 2019. We will being interviews shortly thereafter.
Our Spring internship runs for 12-weeks, February through April. You must be able to spend 20 hours/week in-office at San Diego office.
At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We strive to live into our motto of ‘Stop Guessing’ by leveraging big data to drive holistic digital marketing strategy. We get excited at the thought of bringing together millions of data points from disparate data sets, including qualitative data to drive empathy-fueled opportunities and insights at scale. Big Data, automation, and problem solving at scale: it's what's for breakfast. Could this be love? Maybe.
What about you? You’re a data magician, turning piles of numbers into an actionable business recommendations. Your passion for tracking data, paired with your understanding of business, makes you a force to be reckoned with. You’re technically savvy, an exceptional communicator, and eager to sink your teeth into the world of analytics.
Here are some highlights of what you'll be doing...
- You’ll help transform our client’s business goals into KPI documents and tracking plans
- You’ll assist in the development of custom views, reporting, and troubleshooting analytics tracking issues
- You’ll complete cross-divisional training, gaining a strong foundation of PPC, SEO, Analytics, and how they all work together
- You’ll be paired with an Analytics Associate who will provide mentorship and learning opportunities throughout the duration of your internship. You will shadow this Associate and act as a “Junior Associate” on different client engagements
- You’ll share your knowledge with the world by contributing to the Seer blog
The skills you'll bring to the table...
- You’re passionate about analytics and it shows through your industry involvement (Coursework, Clubs, GOMC, Extracurriculars, Blogs, Twitter, Meetups, etc.)
- You’re certified in Google Analytics and your Excel skills are strong (Bonus points for experience with data visualization tools like Power Bi and Tableau)
- You have relevant internship experience or hands-on project experience within web analytics and/or digital marketing (Bonus points for agency experience)
- You take initiative and can self-direct in the absence of detailed guidelines
- You’re comfortable managing deadlines for multiple deliverables and thrive in a fast-paced, open environment
- You have a strong sense of self, which means you’re able to say no, deliver feedback, have the confidence to provide input, etc.
What’s the commitment?
- We need ya for 12 weeks, 20 hours/week, in the office
- You do NOT need to be a student. This internship is open to anyone who is interested in taking their first step into web analytics
- And yes, this is a $ PAID INTERNSHIP $
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here-- you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You’ve gotta apply though :)