Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Seesaw Learning is a rapidly growing EdTech company being used in 1 in 2 schools in the US and in over 150 countries worldwide. We are looking for a full stack engineer to initially join a small team to work on a variety of projects helping drive engagement and growth. You will be expected to take ownership of projects and ideas from concept to production. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with trying new ideas, working across technologies, sees failure as an opportunity, is not afraid of rapid iteration, analyzing data and driving towards goals without detailed directions.
- Be a key contributor to the growth of the Seesaw platform by working with a small team on a wide range of features and projects that touch students, parents, teachers and school administrators.
- Help enhance and and maintain Seesaw’s data pipeline and infrastructure built using AWS Services (DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Athena and QuickSight).
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of working experience in a full stack role where you’ve built out features on both the front and back end.
- Demonstrated the ability to think holistically beyond technical requirements. Strong analytical skills, strong product sense, and ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience with Angular and Python. Strong command of other modern web languages and frameworks are okay too.
- Experience moving, manipulating and analyzing large data sets.
- Curiosity and willingness to dive into different technologies and platforms (Experience with iOS and Android a plus.)
Working at Seesaw
- If you'd like to get a feel for our office, and hear from some of our team about why we work here, please check out our profile on the Muse: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/seesaw
- We're a small team, so you'll have a chance to shape many aspects of our product and company, from the experience in the classroom to the infrastructure running our apps.
- In almost every role we’re figuring out how to operate at scale -- whether it’s figuring out our engineering processes or sales approach, you’ll have the opportunity to impact the culture of Seesaw and how the company works.
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. You'll work side by side with creators & leads of some products you know -- Google Calendar, Picasa, Google Groups, Google Maps, Facebook Platform.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team and welcome people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. The K-12 market represents an incredibly diverse user-base and we want to best advocate for the needs of this community.
- We prioritize an environment that balances work & life. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- Our product enables students to learn in new and meaningful ways everyday. At Seesaw, we strive to bring that same enthusiasm for learning to our work.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, free lunch, and 401(k) matching.
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best.
For us, this means:
- Empowering students to take ownership of their learning, and to reflect on their progress over time.
- Giving students tools to show what they know in the way that works best for them.
- Inspiring students to try their best by providing an audience for their work beyond the classroom.
- Creating a meaningful home-school connection so parents can better support their child's learning.
In just 3 years, we are already in use in 1 in 2 US schools and in over 150 countries abroad. We're at a unique time where our product is clearly working but we're just beginning to scale, and you can be a key part of something big.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.