Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Our hope is that Seesaw will help teachers create these moments for every student in the world, every single day. Seesaw has three product areas that work together to inspire student engagement: (1) A powerful suite of creative tools that help unlock students’ voices; (2) a rich library of activity ideas that help every teacher deliver engaging learning experiences; and (3) a digital portfolio that lets students share what they are learning so they can get feedback, collaborate, and feel supported by classmates and their family.
We’re just getting started, but we’re well on the way towards achieving this vision -- Seesaw is used by millions of students in over half the schools in the US and teachers and students love us (Check out this real-time search for what people are saying about us on Twitter).
We are looking for a full stack engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be expected to develop major product features in an iterative and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable prototyping new ideas, working across our stack, and communicating across the company to drive projects forward. Engineers at Seesaw play a major role in the design of new features, and learn directly from our community to ensure they work well in classrooms.
What you'll own
- Work closely with the product, design and engineering teams. Lead an iterative development process to deliver new features that students, teachers, families, and school administrators love.
- Full stack software development for our web app (AngularJS / React) and backend (Python).
- Collaborate with QA engineers to write automated tests for all new code.
- Help develop a strong technical roadmap and engineering culture through design proposals, industry engagement, and more.
A little about you
- Direct experience designing, developing, and maintaining software at scale. The best candidates have shipped web applications to millions of users.
- 3+ years of experience leading major feature development across a frontend and backend stack.
- Strong command of modern web technologies, including at least one SPA framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.). Experience developing and using REST APIs.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
A little about us
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. Work with the creators & leads of Google Calendar, Picasa, Maps, Facebook Platform, and Twitter.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk -- we care a lot about our work, but care more about our friends and family. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy that people actually use.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours, and offsites.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.