Generalist Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Are you excited about learning new things? Applying your technical skills to a wide variety of challenges? Seesaw is hiring generalist software engineers to work on the key challenges facing us as we scale from 100K+ classrooms to 1M+ classrooms.
What does this mean day to day? Other engineers in this position have written and deployed a service to allow parents to download a zip file of all their child's work efficiently, built up our paid school offering on the web, done data analysis to understand where teachers are churning in our sign-up flow, contributed to Android feature development, figured out AWS auto-scaling and migrated our production environment to that new setup, and much, much more.
We have big ambitions (and already moderate scale -- we're used in 1 in 4 schools) but pride ourselves on a scrappy, versatile engineering team that can get whatever needs to be done, done. If this role sounds interesting, you'll need a CS degree, and 2-4 years of prior work experience with some exposure to at least 2 of the following technology areas: Web, iOS, Android, Backend/Python.
A little about us
- If you'd like to get a feel for our office, and hear from some of our team about why we work here, please check out www.themuse.com/profiles/seesaw.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance.
- We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours and offsites.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.