Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA
We want every teacher and school to be successful with Seesaw, and are looking for a compassionate problem-solver to lead our Customer Success Team. At Seesaw, we believe that incredible customer support is the best marketing tool we have, and that every customer who interacts with support should leave excited to use Seesaw tomorrow. We are looking for someone to own this crucial part of our business, and to make sure we maintain high-quality, responsive customer support as Seesaw grows.
At Seesaw, you will
- Manage the daily operations of the Customer Success Team.
- Manage our customer support infrastructure (Zendesk), and ensure your team has the correct tools and processes in place to meet our support goals.
- Identify and implement ways to scale our support infrastructure to effectively support a growing customer base with a lean team.
- Manage and expand the library of tutorials, FAQs and resources in the Seesaw Help Center. Collaborate closely with the marketing team to get support ready for crucial periods, like Back to School or new product releases.
- Measure and report back to other teams across a few key areas: Key support, Bug tracking, Product feedback
- Key support metrics: Report on key metrics (ticket volume, first reply time, customer satisfaction, etc.) to the leadership team.
- Bug tracking: Identify software bugs/issues or trends in customer confusion. Work with product/engineering team to find prompt resolutions.
- Product feedback: Collect, quantify and organize feature requests and share as needed with the product team.
- A deep passion for improving education.
- A minimum of one year of experience managing a small customer support team (2-5 support representatives).
- Experience with high volume customer support for a software product (1000 tickets per week baseline; 6000 tickets per week during peak periods).
- Familiarity with building out and optimizing customer support infrastructure (Zendesk).
- A desire to learn the ins-and-outs of our complex and powerful software, and figure out how to make our customers’ experience better every day.
- An analytical approach to solving problems, and an independent, get-it-done attitude.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Patience and a strong empathy for our customers—teachers, parents, students and school administrators.
Working at Seesaw
- We're a small team, so you get to touch a lot of things. It’s a great opportunity to learn and own big parts of a product.
- In almost every role we’re figuring out how to operate at scale -- whether it’s figuring out our engineering processes or sales approach, you’ll have the opportunity to impact the culture of Seesaw and how the company works.
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. You'll work side by side with creators & leads of some products you know -- Google Calendar, Picasa, Google Groups, Google Maps, Facebook Platform.
- We pride ourselves on being diverse. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
- We also pride ourselves on a work environment that balances work & life. We want people to be excited about what they are working on and always learning.
- We have an unlimited vacation policy & take a company trip somewhere fun if we hit our goals. We’ve been to Taiwan and Japan and are working on plans for this year.
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best.
For us, this means:
- Empowering students to take ownership of their learning, and to reflect on their progress over time.
- Giving students tools to show what they know in the way that works best for them.
- Inspiring students to try their best by providing an audience for their work beyond the classroom.
- Creating a meaningful home-school connection so parents can better support their child's learning.
We’re just at the beginning of this journey, but already we’re seeing tremendous impact. After our first school year, Seesaw was used in 200,000 classrooms in over 25,000 schools - including 1 in 4 schools in the US. We're at a unique time where our product is clearly working but we're just beginning to scale, and you can be a key part of something big.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.