Head of Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Seesaw is at an exciting inflection point -- in our first school year Seesaw was already being used in 1 out of 4 US schools, and as we look to the next level of scale, we're looking for an experienced marketer to help tell our story to an even broader audience.
You'll start with an award winning product (Common Sense Media, Apple, American Association of School Librarians, etc.), a fantastic community of teachers who are in love with our product and advocate for it far and wide (here is an unfiltered live feed of tweets from our community), and tons of stories to tell about the impact Seesaw is already having on classrooms.
But we have a lot of work left to do, and this is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to own marketing activities across the whole company. Our Head of Marketing will be on point to coordinate and execute marketing initiatives that support our growth goals (driving both awareness and engagement among teachers), our community initiatives, and support our sales team (messaging, collateral, leads) as they work with schools and districts to sell our paid product.
- Messaging: Make sure we've got clear, simple messaging that communicates the value of Seesaw to various stakeholders (Teachers, Parents, Students, Administrators). Make sure this is represented consistently across all of our channels - product, website, social media, events, etc.
- Marketing Materials: Videos, website, on boarding materials, emails, etc. to make sure we've got the right collateral in the right places so teachers are excited to try our product and are successful when they do.
- Community: Our primary investment in marketing to date has been through our community efforts. We already have over 5,000 Seesaw Ambassadors across the world who are Seesaw experts. How do we expand this program to get an Ambassador in every school in the world, and make sure their enthusiasm is embedded into all of our activities.
- Sales Collateral: Build the case studies, brochures, videos, stats, surveys, etc. that can help our sales team close more deals more efficiently.
- Product Launches: Support product launches with product feedback, launch materials, PR outreach, etc.
- Events: Coordinate our presence at major events (like ISTE) that we participate in directly, and work with our community team to staff other key events through our community.
- PR: How should we be thinking about sustained PR over time that reaches decision makers in the education space or helps us recruit for the team?
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in marketing at a consumer technology company. You need to have seen scale of at least millions of users to be a fit for this job.
- If you have prior experience / exposure to education, that is a huge plus, although not a requirement. Interest and passion for impact in this space is a must however.
- You should be willing to bring your experience, but you should also have a healthy dose of humility. EdTech is a strange beast, and we need someone who will dive in and understand this space, what's worked, and what hasn't before running their old playbook.
- You should also have a B.A. or equivalent experience.
Working at Seesaw
- We're a small team, so you'll have a chance to shape many aspects of our product and company, from the experience in the classroom to the infrastructure running our apps.
- In almost every role we’re figuring out how to operate at scale -- whether it’s figuring out our engineering processes or sales approach, you’ll have the opportunity to impact the culture of Seesaw and how the company works.
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. You'll work side by side with creators & leads of some products you know -- Google Calendar, Picasa, Google Groups, Google Maps, Facebook Platform.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team and welcome people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. The K-12 market represents an incredibly diverse user-base and we want to best advocate for the needs of this community.
- We prioritize an environment that balances work & life. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- Our product enables students to learn in new and meaningful ways everyday. At Seesaw, we strive to bring that same enthusiasm for learning to our work.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, free lunch, and 401(k) matching.
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best.
For us, this means:
- Empowering students to take ownership of their learning, and to reflect on their progress over time.
- Giving students tools to show what they know in the way that works best for them.
- Inspiring students to try their best by providing an audience for their work beyond the classroom.
- Creating a meaningful home-school connection so parents can better support their child's learning.
We’re just at the beginning of this journey, but already we’re seeing tremendous impact. After our first school year, Seesaw was used in 200,000 classrooms in over 25,000 schools - including 1 in 4 schools in the US. We're at a unique time where our product is clearly working but we're just beginning to scale, and you can be a key part of something big.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.