Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Our hope is that Seesaw will help teachers create these moments for every student in the world, every single day. We’re just getting started, but we’re well on the way towards achieving this vision -- Seesaw is used by millions of students in over half the schools in the US and teachers and students love us (Check out this real-time search for what people are saying about us on Twitter).
As a product marketing manager, your primary responsibilities will be to position and communicate the benefits of Seesaw to teachers. You'll work closely with our community and product teams to help new and prospective users understand the impact Seesaw can have on student engagement and the value it provides teachers themselves. You’ll help teachers get the most out of using Seesaw and bring new features to market successfully. You’ll wear many hats and will be expected to flex between big picture, strategic questions, and hands-on tactical execution.
We’re looking for someone entrepreneurial, creative, adaptable, and strategic. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, are an effective cross-functional leader and are excited about working on all aspects of marketing, then we’d love to meet you. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to make a huge contribution to a fast-growing and widely loved organization - check out Twitter to see the minute-by-minute love from educators around the world.
As part of your application to the PMM role here at Seesaw, we ask that you complete this assignment (https://tinyurl.com/y6vyep7n). Please submit it with your resume below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop a deep, ongoing understanding of the teachers who use Seesaw and their different needs and challenges.
- Become an expert in our product and how people use it, looking for opportunities for customer insights and programmatic learnings to inform product development.
- Lead go-to-market strategy and execution for new feature launches, including positioning; messaging; and customer communications, collateral and programs.
- Partner closely with the Head of Marketing to help effectively communicate the value of Seesaw across all our communication channels.
- Work with the product and community teams to develop holistic programs for increasing Seesaw teacher adoption, engagement and retention, including, for example, nurture campaigns or onboarding programs.
- Identify needs for and create various types of collateral, possibly including video assets, one-sheeters, decks, etc.
- As needed, support our communication efforts to Admins interested in our paid product, Seesaw for Schools.
A Little About You
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A data- and research-driven approach to marketing
- Familiarity with the K-12 environment and stakeholders is a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Cross-functional leadership and coordination
A Little About Us
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. Work with the creators & leads of Google Calendar, Picasa, Maps, Facebook Platform, and Twitter.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk -- we care a lot about our work, but care more about our friends and family. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy that people actually use.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours, and offsites.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.