iOS Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Our iOS app has won numerous awards, is consistently featured by Apple, and is our largest and most important platform - used in hundreds of thousands of classrooms globally. We're looking to grow our team to support our rapid growth, and are looking for a mid to senior level iOS engineer to join the team. You'll need to have 3-5 years of prior experience working on iOS development, and since we encourage end-to-end feature ownership ideally some interest in occasional Python code so you can help write the API endpoints you'll need. Likewise, the ideal candidate has a degree in CS or related field.
Working at Seesaw
- We're a small team, so you'll have a chance to shape many aspects of our product and company, from the experience in the classroom to the infrastructure running our apps.
- In almost every role we’re figuring out how to operate at scale -- whether it’s figuring out our engineering processes or sales approach, you’ll have the opportunity to impact the culture of Seesaw and how the company works.
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. You'll work side by side with creators & leads of some products you know -- Google Calendar, Picasa, Google Groups, Google Maps, Facebook Platform.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team and welcome people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. The K-12 market represents an incredibly diverse user-base and we want to best advocate for the needs of this community.
- We prioritize an environment that balances work & life. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- Our product enables students to learn in new and meaningful ways everyday. At Seesaw, we strive to bring that same enthusiasm for learning to our work.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, free lunch, and 401(k) matching.
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best.
For us, this means:
- Empowering students to take ownership of their learning, and to reflect on their progress over time.
- Giving students tools to show what they know in the way that works best for them.
- Inspiring students to try their best by providing an audience for their work beyond the classroom.
- Creating a meaningful home-school connection so parents can better support their child's learning.
We’re just at the beginning of this journey, but already we’re seeing tremendous impact. After our first school year, Seesaw was used in 200,000 classrooms in over 25,000 schools - including 1 in 4 schools in the US. We're at a unique time where our product is clearly working but we're just beginning to scale, and you can be a key part of something big.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.