iOS Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best. Our iOS apps deliver on that mission by improving the learning experience in hundreds of thousands of classrooms worldwide. Students use the app to document their learning with photos, videos, and countless creative tools. Family members are notified instantly when their child creates new work. And teachers get all the tools they need to set up classroom activities, organize student work, and communicate with everyone involved in the learning process.
We’re hiring experienced iOS engineers to build exciting new features, influence our technical roadmap, and support the rapidly growing community of students, teachers, and family members who love Seesaw (1 in 2 schools in the US already use our products!). Every engineer on our small team has an opportunity to take ownership of projects from concept to production — from a whiteboard to a classroom. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience building popular, world-class iOS apps.
- Deliver new features in our award-winning classroom and family apps.
- Be involved in the design, development, testing, and deployment of every project you take on.
- Learn our backend stack and write endpoints in Python to support frontend features.
- Work with the team to build a strong technical roadmap and engineering culture.
- Experience shipping an iOS app at scale.
- 3+ years of work experience developing native mobile apps.
- Strong knowledge of iOS SDKs and best practices.
- Understanding and appreciation for good mobile UI/UX design practices.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Some knowledge of Python and backend technologies preferred.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred.
Working at Seesaw
- If you'd like to get a feel for our office, and hear from some of our team about why we work here, please check out our profile on the Muse: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/seesaw
- We're a small team, so you'll have a chance to shape many aspects of our product and company, from the experience in the classroom to the infrastructure running our apps.
- In almost every role we’re figuring out how to operate at scale -- whether it’s figuring out our engineering processes or sales approach, you’ll have the opportunity to impact the culture of Seesaw and how the company works.
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. You'll work side by side with creators & leads of some products you know -- Google Calendar, Picasa, Google Groups, Google Maps, Facebook Platform.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team and welcome people from all identities, backgrounds, and experiences. The K-12 market represents an incredibly diverse user-base and we want to best advocate for the needs of this community.
- We prioritize an environment that balances work & life. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously.
- Our product enables students to learn in new and meaningful ways everyday. At Seesaw, we strive to bring that same enthusiasm for learning to our work.
- We offer comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, free lunch, and 401(k) matching.
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best.
For us, this means:
- Empowering students to take ownership of their learning, and to reflect on their progress over time.
- Giving students tools to show what they know in the way that works best for them.
- Inspiring students to try their best by providing an audience for their work beyond the classroom.
- Creating a meaningful home-school connection so parents can better support their child's learning.
In just 3 years, we are already in use in 1 in 2 US schools and in over 150 countries abroad. We're at a unique time where our product is clearly working but we're just beginning to scale, and you can be a key part of something big.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary is negotiable.