San Francisco, CA or Open to Remote in the US /
Our Growth Mindset (The Mission):
Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Seesaw is a learning platform that brings educators, students and families together to deepen student learning. Teachers design and facilitate powerful learning experiences, students create, reflect, collaborate and make their learning visible, and families actively support and celebrate student learning. Seesaw is used by millions of K-12 students in over half the schools in the U.S.
The Curriculum (Your Role):
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our UX team and help shape the evolution of Seesaw. In this role you’ll be responsible for helping transform research and strategy into delightful, easy-to-use products.
You will have the opportunity to apply and advance your design expertise by seamlessly working across multiple platforms and designing for a large variety of different types of end users, including pre-literate and literate children, parents, and teachers.
Your Classmates (The Team):
On the UX team, we thrive on listening to our users and delivering a high quality product through close, iterative collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, and Leadership.
As a Product Designer at Seesaw, you will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with a team of experienced UX designers and researchers, and build on your existing passion around design. In this role, you will be part of a team that values creating space for experimentation and learning. You’ll have significant opportunities for professional growth while also focusing on helping shape the future of education and creating tangible value for millions of users.
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Partner with product managers, user researchers, and engineers to deliver great user experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with your fellow designers to maintain a consistent, high quality user experience by exchanging feedback on projects you're working on as well as maintaining and evolving our lightweight design system.
- Incorporate user needs into your design process by listening to and then designing for real end users.
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer, designing, building, and shipping high quality products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Information Design, User Experience, Media Arts, Art, Cognitive Science or a related field (or equivalent practical experience) is a plus.
- You can share and talk about a portfolio of your work.
- You have a track record of working cross-functionally with other designers, user researchers, product managers, and engineers to collaboratively iterate until your work allows your end users to meet their needs.
- You have excellent communication skills, are flexible in your design process, and can internalize and act on stakeholder feedback.
- You can design at a structural/systems level as well as at a screen level, and have the ability to think through a complex flow while also focusing on optimizing an individual page.
- You have experience designing for and across web, tablet, and phones (or can demonstrate that you have the skills to successfully do so) and are familiar with a wide range of web and mobile design patterns and how they can be used to achieve your design goals.
- You have experience visualizing your ideas in Figma (or can quickly ramp up) and are willing to learn new design tools as needed.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.