Senior Full Stack PHP/Drupal 8 Developer - Remote
Cleveland, OH /
Software Development – Software Engineering /
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
SemanticBits is looking for a senior Full Stack PHP/Drupal 8 Developer to help us build modern digital health services. The project involves building and customizing a highly interactive and modern web application and API (i.e. both front- and back-end) with Drupal 8 and React that will be used by researchers, health care providers, medical patients, and the general public to browse, search, and download high-impact public health datasets. The system will support thousands of concurrent users in a high-availability, setting. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design approaches led by a talented Visual Designer to implement highly modern, usable interfaces. We are looking for Senior to Principal level candidates.
Tools & Technology:
- Drupal 8, Drush, Acquia, BLT, Docksal
- PHP, Composer, PHPUnit
- MySQL, SQLite
- Architecting complex, enterprise Drupal-based systems.
- Working with Drupal 8, Drush, Composer, and JSONAPI to create highly performant publicly accessible RESTful APIs.
- Building an Open Data Catalogue that is compliant with Project Open Data specifications.
- Taking ownership of features and ensuring highest quality code is delivered to client specifications.
- Using automated testing frameworks, such as PHPUnit, Cypress, Postman, etc.
- Some DevOps tasks, including Continuous Integration with Jenkins and automated deployments.
- Working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services.
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack, Confluence, and Jira.
- Not being afraid to make use of advanced Git operations such as rebasing and cherry-picking.
- Minimum of 5 years of PHP and Drupal is required.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL/SQLite
- Experience with Git is required.
- Working in Linux, or equivalent CLI on Mac is required. Working experience with Docker is a plus.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Candidates must reside in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree required, strong preference for Computer Science field of study
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
Nice to Have:
- PHP development experience with modern frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, etc.
- Experience with managing Acquia Cloud services.
- Experience with AWS highly preferred.
- Experience with github and github pull requests to merge in code changes.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry.
- Federal Government contracting work experience.
- Prior experience working remotely full-time.
Physical and emotional requirements for the job:
- This position is to be performed remotely from an individual’s home office and involves sedentary work. Employees in this role can be expected to exert up to 10 pounds of force on occasion in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move standard electronic equipment. Employees are expected to make decisions in a timely manner and display emotional intelligence during occasional stressful situations.
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 or HR@semanticbits.com for assistance.