Data Scientist, Healthcare Policy Research - Remote
Analytics and Reporting – Data Science
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
We are looking for data scientists with policy research experience to perform data processing and analysis tasks, such as monitoring data quality, applying statistical and data science methods, and creating data visualizations. In this role you will work on multi-disciplinary teams supporting program evaluation and data analytics to inform policy and decision makers.
- Answering research questions or building solutions that involve linking health or healthcare data to other administrative data.
- Designing, planning, and implementing the data science workflow on tasks and projects, involving descriptive statistics, machine learning or statistical analysis, data visualizations, and diagnostics using programming languages such as R or Python
- Communicating results to collaborative project teams using data visualizations and presentations via tools such as notebooks (e.g. Jupyter) or interactive BI dashboards
- Developing and maintaining documentation using Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Implementing quality assurance practices such as version control and testing
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Math, Computer Science, Social Science, or related field of study
- Eight (8) years of experience
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for applying data science and statistics to social impact projects in academic, extra-curricular, and/or professional settings
- Demonstrable skills in R or Python to manipulate data, conduct analyses, and create data visualizations
- Ability to version code using Git
- Experience with healthcare claims and administrative data
- Ability and desire to work independently as part of remote, interdisciplinary teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Competitive base salary
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
Professional development and training reimbursement
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.