Healthcare Data Analyst - Remote
United States /
Analytics and Reporting – Data Science /
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
SemanticBits is looking for a Data Analyst with experience in Healthcare who is eager to use their domain knowledge and their skills in BI tools, SQL, and programming to rapidly turn data into insights. This role is on a project supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) that will modernize analytics and reporting capabilities using big-data technologies. This position is open to a mid-level to principal professional depending on experience.
- Work with cross functional teams within CMS to modernize existing dashboards (Tableau, Excel, etc…) by moving to QuickSight self service model
- Balance technical data architecture and data flows with end user UX best practices
- Manage data visualization life cycles, working in an Agile environment
- Simplify complex ideas to stakeholders at various levels (e.g. explain technical solutions in a manner that matches the audience)
- Research, hypothesize and develop analytical approaches for identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Design and build self-service dashboards to measure performance and assist in directing team’s efforts towards initiatives with the largest impact
- Create and maintain datasets from disparate data sources and provide analysis thereof using SQL and Tableau
- In collaboration with others, develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Attend daily stand up meetings and participate in other Kanban ceremonies, including demoing work to internal staff and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science strongly preferred and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years experienceSix years of relevant technical experience
- Three or more years working in the healthcare industry in a data analyst role
- Intermediate / expert skills with SQL and basic statistics
- Demonstrable expertise in Python programming
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills
- Ability and desire to take ownership of and initiative for analysis; from requirements clarification to deliverableStrong technical communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to understand and articulate the "big picture" and simplify complex ideasAbility to identify and learn applicable new techniques independently as needed
- Candidate must reside in the United States
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
Nice to Have
- Prior experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid data
- Experience with one or more BI tools, such as Superset, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Looker, and QuickSight
- Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of relational database and data warehousing concepts (e.g. OLAP, dimensional modeling).
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
- Federal Government contracting work experience
Three weeks of PTO
Ten paid holiday days
Comprehensive health benefits (medical with HSA option, dental, and vision)
401k retirement plan with matching benefit
100% paid short-term and long-term disability
100% paid life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Casual working environment
Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703-787-9656 x257 or HR@semanticbits.com for assistance.